TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is loosing all pillion privilages. Ive taken off the heat shields and the rear footpegs. But the footpeg mounts look naff with the bare holes in them. Any Ideas how to make them look better without grinding them off ?

:hail TLR's

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
use them to mount the twin bottle nitrous kit!! :devious:devious:devious

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah a couple months ago I removed all pillion hardware, then saw how crappy that bracket looks. Recently my girl decided she wanted to start riding with me so we got her the necessary gear, so hardware back on. Otherwise I woulda been grinding.

Those akra hangers look hot!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rear Subframe

Why dont you check on e*ay for a second rear subframe ,i got one for £15 (nobody else bid for it) then grind away .:) ps don't know how to add picture to reply so i have put on an attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just fill the holes with shinny new hardware. That's what I did, after awhile it won't bother you and then when the misses says he its a nice day lets go somewhere on the bike you don't have to say, well it's only a one seater cause I cut your pegs off!

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Paint the subframe black and it won't be as noticable.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
How about fabbing up some carbon fiber block off plates? Had a similar issue with my GSXR1000 & I was getting ready to grind off the rear footpeg mounting tangs because they really stuck out on a black & silver bike. Had a smashed up carbon fiber rear hugger laying around so I cannabalized it. Just make some careful measurements & you can even go a little on the bigger side so if you make some mistakes while cutting the block off plate out you can just grind it down to size as you go. Since the footpeg mounts will be slightly different on each side make them side specific & do lots of trial fittings. You'll find that the welds that attach the footpeg mounting tangs to the subframe drip down a little differently on each side. So if you use a trial & error fitting process & make minor alterations to the block off plates as you go you can get that plate to sit very high up & almost completely block off the entire tang area.

Here are a couple of before & after photos. No close ups of the carbon fiber block off plate as the bike is loaded up in the track day company trailer & it is on the way to Las Vegas for a track day & WERA event there this weekend. I think you will get the general idea though...

<o>:p></o>:p>

<o>:p></o>:p>

Note how that right side block off plate could have been longer. It was the first one I made up & there was no way to use it on the left side as I had already ground up the top side to fit snuggly around the welds on the right side. The left side is better as I learned some tricks to get it to fit along the way. But it looks way better with those plates IMHO :).

·
Registered
790 Posts
Dude, that is a good idea! At least with those carbon plates it looks like they belong there. Ok group buy time, who's gonna make em. :laugh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts