TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every month I get a shipment from the steak of the month club. It comes shipped in dry ice.

I know there has to be some safe things I can do with the ice that my son (almost 5) will find cool... Anyone got any ideas? :O

·
Registered
976 Posts
Pour hot water on it and it makes FOG.We made a haunted house years ago for holloween and used dry ice to make creepy fog for all over the basement and garage.It was very cool and Simple.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
ok, but this isn't all that safe per sey.

crush it up and drop about 2-3 table spoons into the bottom of a 20 oz plastic soda bottle (bigger ones work too but arn't as loud)

put the cap on tight and toss it. Be at least 30 feet away....

the pressure will build up until it pops... explodes, pretty loud, like M-80 loud.

takes 30 seconds to 3 minutes depending on the amount of dry ice in the bottle.

speed it up, add a bit of water, or warm water to the bottle before capping...

Fun and NOT DANGEROUS

crush it and dump it into a bucket full of warm water and dish soap....

instant super MEGA bubble machine... it will fill a room if you have enough so do it outside...

Fog gun. Get a large cup from McDonnalds or what have you. Put a bit of dry ice in the cup and add some water, put the lid on the cup and put a straw in the lid... the fog will blast out the straw in a stream... kinda fun and silly.

S

·
0 Posts
when making dry ice bombs in 2 liter bottles be sure to crush the dry ice into dust, the more surface area of dry ice that gets wet the bigger and faster the bang. We use to fill up 2 liter bottles about half way with dry ice and then just cover the ice with water and no more. You'll barely be able to get the lid tight before pressure builds, so throw as fast as you can straight up in the air and it will make the biggest bang and largest plume of gas, your son will be right impressed!!!

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We'll stick with the things that don't go boom for now. :laugh

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
ok, but this isn't all that safe per sey.

crush it up and drop about 2-3 table spoons into the bottom of a 20oz

HMmmm :devious sounds like a good idea to fix the old bag down the street thats complaining about my bike noise :laugh
the thing with this old bitch is there are 2 hardleys in my street 2 x louder than my dirt bike but they recived no complaints or notes in there mail box :banghead :banghead

thanks for the idea rifleman :devious 3:00AM in the morning in her front yard. i'll give here bloody noise :laugh

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
you can put coins on it and they will do the same thing as the spoon...

just remember it's -109'F ... it will cause frost bite in about a second and a half, faster if your fingers are wet. So use gloves when you touch it.

cute kid... don't teach him the dry ice bomb trick... until he's at least 13.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Mad science stuff.... love it!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
There's a steak of the month club..? :hail

How do I join?

·
Registered
433 Posts
i think the fog thing is best for him right now, cute boy by the way.

if you want to, engineer nerd like just, you can teach him about the submilation of dry ice, the phase diagram, and the changing entropy during the process.... j/k :)

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
A lot of good ideas in here! I only knew about the fog trick and making it whistle with a spoon or a coin! Now let me go make a dry ice bomb!!! :devious

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
just crush it and make a skitrack :dunno

1 - 16 of 16 Posts