TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tlr motor with a bad crank.Heads are decked,lite porting and valve job.The pistons have beed ceramicoated and the rest is stock.Is it worth parting out?Or do i sell as blown engine?I am clueless.Tranny is also fine

·
Registered
435 Posts
sell it to me

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
worth parting out for sure.
You'll get a lot more than selling a whole motor with bad crank

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinking of rebuilding and reselling.But it seems like the cranks bearingf deal is tough.I see lots of people on board trying to get it correct.If it could be turned and buy over sized bearing from suzuki it would be no problem,like a car motor.But after reading threads about using car bearings ect i will pass.Besides the motor in my bike has around 4000 miles and is flawless

·
Registered
871 Posts
rebuild of coarse you never know if you need another?

·
Registered
945 Posts
when my SV blew up (for the 2nd time....) i bought a motor from a wrecker on exchange

that was back in november and they still havent asked me to send my blown one to em
probably should chase that up sometime :laugh

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I also have a spare motor, original motor from my 99TLR. I was toying with the idea of sending it out to a motor shop like Spears Enterprises or Kyle Racing and build a real race engine, but that motor build would cost as much as the enitre 03 TLR cost me.
Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts