TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always fancied a ZX10 and i have just been offered one brand new from a dealer for £6600 otr. I know i can get £3000 for my S, so that means i get a brand new ZX10 for £3600 what do you guy's and gurls think?.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
buy it :)

and swap your maxton suspenders with me before you sell he TL :devious :laugh

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sounds like a good deal, but i4's just make me :puke
I know that it would out handle and perform a TL, but how much more do you need for the road? :O
Apart from the looks, sound and power delivery, I really like the fact that the TL is different, and not as anonymous as 'modern' sports bikes.:burnout

·
Registered
684 Posts
Totally.

Anyone can get on a modern IL4 and ride it quickly. Most of the work is done for you. Get on a TL and ride it quickly and you've actually achieved something...bending the machine to your will. That's gotta be worth something! :hail

·
Registered
718 Posts
That's a tough one. Do you really want to go any faster? I have rode both and the TLS is much more comfortable. What color ZX10 would you get?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I also think the TL £ is a little optimistic.

As for all the nonsense about not needing better handling/more power - why does everyone mod their TL's then? To make them slower? :confused Handle worse? :O Put up a thread about a 150bhp TL mod, or advertise a some quality race suspension with lightened frame, and see how much fuss you cause... :dowhat

The new bikes are more fun to ride, otherwise everyone would be riding TL's.

BTW I actually didn't want that much power so I got rid of the 1000 K5 for a 750 K6, the perfect bike for me!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a tough one. Do you really want to go any faster? I have rode both and the TLS is much more comfortable. What color ZX10 would you get?
If i did the deal it would be the silver one.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only called into the dealers to have a look and now i have this dilema. Besides if the wife says no then it's game over anyway.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
The ideal solution would of course be to buy the ZX10 and keep the TL. Ride them back to back for a bit and see which one you prefer. Sell the other one. You shouldn't lose out, especially if you sell spring/early summer. Or if you still can't decide, make some cutbacks, do some overtime and keep them both.
Have you been offered £3000 for your bike - I know you're bike's a good 'un and its in great condition but it sounds a lot. You could break it - the vultures are already circling - can I have first dibs on the exhaust system?:laugh

Remember you can only ride one bike at a time.
I have a second bike (admittedly its shit) but I haven't found an occassion yet when I'd rather ride that than the TL.
Would Mrs Fish be comfortable on the back of the Kwak?
I do agree with Et - more modern bikes are fast and fun, but I'm attached to my TL. If/when it starts to give me more trouble than its worth then I'd get something newer and no doubt faster.
Just bear in mind, if you buy it and then decide to sell it next spring, I'll give you £5000 for it - can't say fairer than that can you?:devious

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Yes the TL is a good bike dont get me wrong. But.... This is the way I see it. I like to think i'm a good rider quick but safe, but in order to get better you need to learn your craft on different machines?! (Am I wrong). I have been riding for 9 years and in that time I have had 13 bikes ranging from 50cc hair dryers upto the TL I have today. My next bike what ever it maybe is just a progression in my riding life. You can always come back to a TL if the 10R doesnt work out.

BOLLOX i want a 10R :laugh

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
keep the tl. . you know it makes sense. . . . . :)

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
If I ever have the chance to get another 'bike AND keep the Tillis it would prob' be a Gixxer 750

that's my 2p's worth.

So in other words, for/to me the Tillis has bucketloads more character/presence than any of the I4's I've owned!

I've finished now:laugh

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Davey boy, are you coming back with your tail between your legs,
I think your good lady would throttle you the thought of all those mods all over again:laugh

·
Registered
637 Posts
I miss my TLR big style!!
But the ZX10R is to my mind the Il4 version of the TL....MENTAL!!!
As for comfort,took mine to the South of France on a 2k round trip...NO problems!!
Fish....BUY it Mate you will LOVE it!!

·
I was Ukgixxerman
2,072 Posts
:stupid

I really really miss the v twin. :yes
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
:lol:lol:lol i honestly dont miss the IL4:O (k5 gixxer1000:boring )
the TLS is more fun and i honestly prefer TWIN power:hail :hail

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hmmm, odd how people think about these things. Some seem to have 'settled' for a TL but would have preferred something else perhaps(?)
Am I an 'odd' one then, in that I chose a TLS (and the 97 at that) because that was the bike that I really wanted? You see, I love v-twins - Iv'e had more bikes than I can remember but nothing (and certainly not an IL4) comes close in terms of character and power delivery (not how much, but how). But that's just me, it's what I like, others have their preferences and that's what makes it an interesting world.
If the Kawa does it for you, that's the bike for you.
Buy what you like, ride what you like, the rest doesn't matter.

Doc

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well it has been decided, after a careful look at the financies i have decided to leave it for the time being (also threatened with divorce) only joking. There is still alittle to much to do around the house and as much as i would like the 10r i can't really justify it at the moment.
ps Thanks to everyone for there input.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts