TLZone Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For two months now I have been "Losing" emails with Hotmail.

I know they have been sent, hell I've even sent some myself but they don't arrive ?

Now my notification emails from TLZone are been lost :banghead

I think Hotmail have taken spam too far by blocking regular emails from any source ?

I have added every conceivable variation to my safe lists, checked my filters and spam settings are set to minimum and still no emails.............

Sent over 4 emails to Hotmail complaints procedure etc and get the usual crap suggestions that bare no resembalence.

Christ I'm even paying for additional storage :banghead

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Me to .. Hotmail goes offline most days now "Server too busy" which its never done in the 8 years I have used it.

Maybe it has something to do with getting everyone to use there other services because Msoft want to drop hotmail. :dunno

:hail TLR's

·
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe it has something to do with getting everyone to use there other services because Msoft want to drop hotmail. :dunno

Which other services ?

I like messenger for notifications, which is the only reason I've not kicked them into touch yet.

·
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
No problems or missing messages for me :O

(that I'm aware of anyway :laugh :laugh )

·
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I started a SSSA thread on here in the performance section and all was well for 3 pages, now I don't get the notifications, although I'm getting notifications from this thread.

I guess hotmail suspect it as spam after 20-30 emails from the same address in as many days ?

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
I started a SSSA thread on here in the performance section and all was well for 3 pages, now I don't get the notifications, although I'm getting notifications from this thread.

I guess hotmail suspect it as spam after 20-30 emails from the same address in as many days ?

once again, no problem here - I am subscribed to threads which can generate a dozen or more messages in a day :O

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Go back to the swingarm thread and resubscribe, "Thread Tools" at the top then "+ Subscribe to this thread" just in case you accidentally clicked the unsubscribe link in an email notifiaction or something. :dunno

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Or sign up for a yahoo account and tell Bill to :fooku

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I noticed that for me the default subscribe method is "no email notification" so I have to change it all time if I want the notifications. Every 2nd time I forget it... solution is to unsubscribe and to subscribe right ("instant e-mail notification") again.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Fiche-man, you might look into some alternatives. I use Trillian as my message client. It's nice that it hooks up to pretty much all the IM services through one client. That way I can run yahoo, msn and AOLIM at the same time through one service. It also pops up alerts when I get email on my yahoo service and should do so with the others as well. Just an idea...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I've had good luck with gmail and aim mail. Both let ya know when you've got a message via gtalk and aim respectivly.

good luck

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Since a year I've got extra storage (250mb total) from Bill for free. If you live in a specific country/state then you don't have to pay for it. How convenient I happen to live there :laugh (not sure it's still that way).

Hook up with gmail and you have over 2,5gb of space to dump many many mails!

Ow and ehm, if you can't receive mails from your own hotmail adres there's defo something wrong! Unless you abuse that system with mails from you to you with attachments which possibly contain a virus. They won't get through (free virus scan anyone? :devious)

·
15,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried unsubscribing and resubscribing but still no emails, also one of my want to buy posts doesn't get notifictions either :banghead

I think I'm just a little fish in a big pond to microsoft, yahoo sounds like a alternative, cheers guys

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I have 1 gig of space for free on my hotmail... Not sure If I have been loosing messages or not.. I also have gmail.. and Im able to send out alot of invites.. do you need a invite to gmail?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts