TLZone Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best bang for the buck on a swingarm stand that actually fits our bikes? Ive heard about Pitbull brand, but I was curious if there are any others. Is there one that works both for the forks and the swingarm?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
spoon. I have the lockhart phillips adjutable rear stand. and let me tell you, i wouldnt give that piece of crap to someone i hated. i have used the pitbull and it was ok, but my next stand will be the VORTEX rearstand. It is adjustable and very sturdy. check it out, i think you will like it :thumbup lemme know

G

·
The PitBull Forward handle rear spool stand that you lever the bike up from the side instead of the back is very nice. If you have deep pockets....The Cycle-Cat UCS1 rear stand is pretty neat. My bike has spent a lot of time this past year on a Pit-Bull front and rear stand.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I have the pit pull front and rear with the forklift kit for the front...worth every penny :thumbup

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have a motoboss adjustable, cheap and works just fine. actually i find it a bit easier to use by myself then my buddies pitbull (because of the fat arms on the pitbull).

·
Registered
301 Posts
PitBull

front and rear stands are expensive but what they are holding up is a whole lot more $$$ - definately worth it:thumbup

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
+1 for the pitbulls... I don´t plan on buying a bunch, the price is expensive but it will be a once in a life time purchase unless you need to have 6 bikes in your shop.

the front stand it a bit tricky to get working the first few times, but once you learn the technique, total cake, TOTALLY STABLE...

get the front stand that lifts from the bottom of the tripple tree, front rim removal, fork adjustment or removal... hell just cleaning the front bits is made much easier with that stand.

I´m one of those guys that believes its better to pay a higher price, once, for something that will last longer and perform better in the long run.

Between $250 and $300 and you have to get the proper pin for you front stand, I think it´s a #6 for the TL´s

but the pitbull will hold up a M1A1 Abrams

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Pit bull

I bought the Pit bulls! The rear front loading stand is great! With the others, I have to balance the big heavy bike and get around back (hoping I don't teeter and drop it, whereas the pit bull in the photo, I'm right there when I get off of my bike and I feel much safer! Plus, when storing your bike in the garage, you can back your rear wheel right up to the wall.
The pit bull front stand can be bought in two pieces: one for as in the photo, and the other attaches to that part allowing suspension from the frame in case you need to work on the forks! gee I hope this helps!
Oh, BTW, welcome!!!!! :bigfinger
dne'

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Pit-Bull or Woodcraft

1 - 16 of 16 Posts