TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now I don't know what to do... :O

I bought myself a set of Galfer HH pads recently from CalSportBike. I thought that I should fit a new set of pads on my 6 potters when mounting them. But when I look at my "new" calipers, they're already fitted with brand spanking new EBC Kevlar pads. So...

Which pads to use? :confused
Toss the EBC pads and fit the Galfer's or run the EBC pads and change to Galfers when they're worn out?:dowhat

I've got stock brake discs and ride street/road only. No track yet.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Try both of them to see which are the ones you prefer....
So, next time you buy pads, you'll know what you want .....
Some "freebies" are always welcome :)

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...put one plate of each in each caliper and compare the wear on the disks to stopping power:lol

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...put one plate of each in each caliper and compare the wear on the disks to stopping power:lol
:bitchslap

Naahh... Don't think so. :laugh

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Good chance for a review ... I went through the same worries a few months back then ended up getting Vesrah cos they were the only things I could get :laugh

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Good chance for a review ... I went through the same worries a few months back then ended up getting Vesrah cos they were the only things I could get :laugh
...I could have gotten the SBS for ya but the Vesrah's were recommended and less Y + in stock = ya got 'em quicker - besides, you said you like them :slaptlr...

·
Registered
80 Posts
My brakes suck but I can't tell if it's the bleeding or the pads. I'm using brand new Galfer stainless lines on brand new EBC HH pads. I've bled them as good as possible but I'm not a pro for sure. My buddies TLR with stock pads and braided lines is 20x better.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So in two years, I'll write down a EBC vs Galfer review. You just have to be a little patient. :lol

I'll be running the stock discs anyhow. The rivets are getting a bit loose and I have some play between carrier and disc... I'll get me a new job soon and then I'll have a serious look at the Discacciati discs as an upgrade... The problem is they are €200 a piece... That's around $270 a piece... Pretty steep if you ask me. :eek

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
My brakes suck but I can't tell if it's the bleeding or the pads. I'm using brand new Galfer stainless lines on brand new EBC HH pads. I've bled them as good as possible but I'm not a pro for sure. My buddies TLR with stock pads and braided lines is 20x better.
These things are notoriously hard to bleed properly. I suspect you've still got air in there. Do a search and you should find a list of the tricks that will help you get it done right.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
re-bleed. either get some speedbleeders, or hang the calipers while bleeding.

if that doesn't work, rebuild the calipers, it's pretty cheap, and definately easy.

if that doesn't work, get some good rotors...but if your friends stock system is that much better, something is wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts