TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What oil are you guys using, and how ofter are you changing the oil respectively for each?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Oh no! Brace yourself! :laugh

I use full synthetic motorcycle specific engine oil. And I change it and the filter every 3000km (1/2 Suzuki's distance for oil and 1/4 for filter).

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
if i remember correctly the bike has rotella 15w/50 or 20/50 ..but i have used many oils..i think the bike oil works the best...i just got that stuff from wally world..may will say car oil makes the clutch slip but i never noticed any..oh did i ever tell ya bike has a full barnette clutch???

back to theard id do a search there are tons of info and opinions on what oil to use

good luck :thumbup

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
rotella every 1500 miles...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Rotella synthetic 5w-40 and suzuki or K&N filter every 3k miles. Note my miles are commuting rather than hard running. If I had any track time or much play time I'd be changing it a bit more often I think. I run the 5w-40 because it offers equal protection when hot, but starts better with less wear when cold, as I commute year round I do a lot of cold starts.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I also like the full-synth rotella 5w-40 and a zuki filter. :thumbup

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
i use extra vigin olive oil! it smeels great!

:fire oil thread

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
:laugh I thought your user ID read twat. Then I noticed this was an oil thread. :laugh

·
Registered
618 Posts
:eatcorn ........this should be fun......:laugh

Sonny

·
Registered
3,498 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
or u could use this

i hand squeeze mine off the backs of baby seals and penguines

·
Registered
601 Posts
where can you get full synth Rotella?? I've only seen regular.

I did switch to Repsol blend, we'll see if it makes any noticeable difference from MX4T. I have been meaning to order a gallon of Elf's motorcycle oil.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Wallmart, truck stops, just about anywhere that sells rotella oil usually has the full synthetic 5w-40 (it comes in a dark blue jug).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey,do any of you guys have any clutch slip problems running full synthetic oil? I've found if I do my clutch slips.I was told by a couple of dealers that TLS/R's don't like it and to run semi-synthetic,which I do now with no slippage at all.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
46k miles on full syn oil. Try stiffer clutch springs (ebc or barnett).

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
:stupid

Tomez said:
Hey,do any of you guys have any clutch slip problems running full synthetic oil? I've found if I do my clutch slips.I was told by a couple of dealers that TLS/R's don't like it and to run semi-synthetic,which I do now with no slippage at all.
If your clutch slips, there's something wrong with it.

I ran full synthetic and barnett springs. (In a 5 srping TLS unit).

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
But then again, at least in Germany and Switzerland Suzuki dealers were advised to NOT use full synth oil for the TL.
I use semi synthetic 10W40 and never had problems. Never used different oil, though.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
568 Posts
TL Freak said:
i hand squeeze mine off the backs of baby seals and penguines
Insist on doing it the hard way dontcha :laugh

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Dealers are absolute MORONS.... Full SYNTHETIC will NOT make your clutch slip.... if you buy a FULL synthetic with friction modifiers (also called "energy conserving") it will slip which is also true for non-synthetic oil that is energy conserving.... it says energy conserving on the back of the oil bottle...

I too use shell rotella full synthetic.. and a FRAM filter.... (used it on both of my TLR's and my current bike never one problem, with ALOT of miles)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts