TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a small oil catch tank that allows the oil to go back to the crankcase when catched! I got problems with oil in my airbox! :(

The models I´ve seen on ebay only allows the oil to be catched because they have both fitings in same end, so oil will not go back to crankcase! So I have to empty the catch case for oil :(

They are like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-...019QQitemZ290066238725QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

If just I could find one which had 1 fitting in each end, then it would work perfectly and oil would go direct back to crankcase. Anyone knows where to get such one?
it have to look something like this instead:

Or can I take the one from ebay and fit it like this instead:

Will that work?

I will not build one my own :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
What year is your TLS? I take it you already have the stocker TLR/TLS oil separator installed right? I am running the stocker with one tube/hose going back down to the crankcase, one tube/hose running to the rear cylinder valve cover breather & the last hose out to the tailsection. That last hose ends up in a vented puke bottle with a small K&N crankcase vent filter attached to the end of the hose inside the bottle. Then I plugged up the spigot in the bottom of the airbox that one vent hose ran to originally. I rarely, if ever get any oil residue in the puke bottle at all, so my design to run 2 K&N filters (one inside the puke can & the other attached to a hole on top of the can) was overkill. So I ended up taking the one K&N filter that plugged in the top of the puke can out so it would breathe a little better. Virtually no oil in there at all despite running an oil level close to the full level & running at sustained high rpm for long periods during track days. Pictures forthcoming...

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Here's the plastic bottle with a resealable rubber cap that I found at a local hardware store's housewares section. The mouth of the bottle is wide enough to slide a small K&N crankcase breather without modifying it. Took me months to find a nice bottle like this so I naturally bought a few spares just in case.

I drilled a large hole in the top part of the bottle close to the edge & slid the clear plastic tube through that opening. Note, in order to get the bottle to mount where it is I also needed to drill a hole in the black plastic of the stock battery tray. The hole is drilled into the vertical panel just in front of where the stock tool bag mounts. That way you can use the tool bag strap to secure the puke bottle.

Here is a far view of the puke bottle with the K&N filter installed so you can see the way the hose is routed back out to the tail section.

The last shot is how the puke can sits in the battery tray when it is strapped in place. You can see that hole I cut & opened up with a rat tail file on top of the bottle where I originally installed another K&N filter. That hole vents the bottle now & it breathes well.

Before I ran the stock TLR/late model TLS separator in this crankcase vent system I had so much oil ending up in this bottle I figured I needed 2 K&N filters for it not to puke oil out everywhere. With the stock Suzuki separator in place & this system mounted to vent it I wonder if I really even need that small K&N filter in that puke bottle at all? Note the lack of oil residue anywhere. No, I didn't wipe things down before taking the photos.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My engine is a 01 :)

Thats also an idea to do :) and it works

But I still prefer something like I wrote

1 - 5 of 5 Posts