TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband already thinks I'm crazy; crazy about bikes! I so badly want a street bike and seriously looking at the GSXR's! New ones! or at least '06's. I spent a great deal on my TLR, and though I like it, I'd like something lighter! Ya can't get angry at me if I were to sell my TLR as there are a few souls on the site that have "other" bikes besides TLR/TLS's. So at least if I were to buy a Gixxer, I'd still have a Suzuki!

I did recently sell my RS50 which gave me 2600.00, and if I could get~whatever~ for my TLR, I could apply it towards a new TLR! no?
I'm just talking ya'll; I don't know what the hell i want! lol
dnee'

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
SV1000. :)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gee Jasen! an SV? they just don't look exciting to me! The GSXR's are just so cool! Again, I'm just talking outloud.

·
Registered
676 Posts
one word.........Augusta,
If price is an option, GSXR 1000.

Who cares if there is something faster or better handling, its about having something off the wall! Would you rather have a 1992 TR 512 Ferrari or a new GT500 mustang? Yes the mustang has a few more ponies and is newer, but the Ferrari is by far the better choice....;-)

·
14,150 Posts
This isn't exciting? Nothing but naked raw Suzuki V-Twin power!

Sure it's down on top end HP but they kept the power in the middle where it matters on the street. :)

I may have a gixxer but I still stand by the fact that a V-Twin is ideal for the street. I've ridden a bunch of bikes in my short motorcycling career and I wasn't crazy about the big ole TLR on the track but I've never had a bike be so much fun on the street.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Gixer thou '06 ....ive never been on anything so fast ..it feels like a 250 compared to my tlr...it corners like nothing Ive experienced...it will pootle along at 40mph if you want or drag you through the air flailing about like a rag doll at 186 mph...

gimmie gimmie gimmie

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, pretending I get a GSXR (600), I know you all are going to say; get a 750 or the 1000; my friends~ a 600 is plenty quick for me! I do not ride anywhere near the riding ability as like Jasen! Jasen would admit that the guy on the RS250 was putting up a pretty good fight vs. his GSXR! Of course that was a two stroke and weighs only 250lbs! But it's the rider that makes it "fast". I always said, 'give me Willie Masconies pool stick, and I still can't shoot pool worth a flip!" You could give me Bill Spies bike, and I would still ride at my level! lol If we had a GSXR250 here, I would look at it and sure it would be enough for me.
What do you guys think about the little exhaust system on the newer GSXR's? Would someone upgrade a system like that?
dnee'

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you guys think I could get for my TLR? Actually I hate the idea of parting with this bike!! I may talk to my husband about it to keep it, but in the meantime, I'm just curious as to what it might bring (3-4k?).
I think some of you may know what I went through on this bike, though doesn't mean I get any more money than what the bike would be actually worth.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
If it were me I'd get the 600 for the track no doubt. For the street I'd get something with more low end because I ride in traffic for 2-3 hours a day and don't want to be botherd shifting all that much.

The triumph 675 is super sweet, would be my top pic of the current crop of sport bikes:yes

However, I wouldn't buy a sport bike for the street again -rather I'd want something a bit more upright, just gives more control and better view imho. An SV650 (standard) would probably be about perfect, but the Tuno sure is pretty too:drool

·
14,150 Posts
SV650 you say BP? I seem to remember mentioning that to her at the track.

Oh, and I'm not fast Denee....yet. If we are going to offer up comparisons we'll compare to Doug. He uses me as a road cone on the track as just another obstical to go around.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Triumph 675 is a stunning bike and a bit different from the usual jap stuff although newer models are planned to be built in the Far East. My second choice would be the ZX6R as I used to have one and was very impressed with it.
My only problem with newer bikes is the size - i'm too big for them but not a problem for you Denee

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
gixxerjasen said:
He uses me as a road cone on the track as just another obstical to go around.
:laugh I'm going to quote that if you don't mind

·
14,150 Posts
Of course I reccomended the 650 as a track bike. I'd perhaps be happiest with the 1K on the street. But then again....

You can quote me on that. Go watch my videos on my site and you'll see. Me and somebody else railing round a corner and here comes Doug on my inside and round the outside of the guy in front of me. Next thing you know he's far enough ahead to be out of my shot.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess since no one had ever mentioned the Daytona's /Triumph, I figured they weren't a very good bike. Wrong I guess. Even comes in YELLOW!! I can't imagine using that bike on the track, at least parts are more readily available for Japanese bikes. The Triumph is a triple, no?

I guess I just figure everyone at the track is faster than me, but it doesn't bother me at all. I think I'm just amazed that when I think I'm going pretty fast, someone screams by me! lol For me, it's not about being fast, it's about being with you guys, and the whole sha-bang! and more pictures on the wall to show my grandkids (someday), and live (all limbs working) to tell about it!

On the street, it's just about looking cool, not speeding, no need as I know the bike will go quickfast and maybe an occasional 2nd gear wheelie! One can't help but crack the throttle now and then to feel the force!

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
675 Would be an awesome option.
Everyone I've spoken to that has ridden them says they're sick!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm confused Ryno, meaning the bike's are sick, not any good? (I was doing a modeling school years ago, and the young instructor told me, "you're shoes are bad!" , I say, I can get some other ones if you really think they're bad!! of course she meant they were great shoes! lol So, what do you mean?
dne'

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Denee....PM sent

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Sick.....sweet ass sweet

1 - 20 of 23 Posts