TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanna do everything to make the beast breath better, right. Of course, so what is the best filter to use? I've used [email protected] before, but I've read how great this BMC is. Or is there something else out there?
I know enough of you out there have tried just about everything, so what is your opinions?

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Pipercross :yes
BMC has a greater area than the K&N but the Pipercross has the most ... I noticed the difference :yes

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
For a TLR the Pipercross is the best I have seen. They are a company from England superior area from either the KN or the BMC, the BMC I saw locally was very poor in its ability to seal against the airbox as the plastic frame is way too flexible.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Pipercross foam filter replaces not just the filter but also the top plate the filter mounts to, and is like doing a Joe-V mod and better filter, yet is fully reversible and you don't have to cut up your top plate.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I've used both, but found there's bugger all difference if you don't have a modded airbox. Spend the time and do that if you haven't already. A dremel from harborfreight for $6, and some F/Glass from Advance Auto for $10 will do the trick.

kiwi

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Pipercross IS the way to go. You can cut up your airbox and fit a K&N .. But as Cycle said the pipercross way is reversable if you sell up.

I always used K&N filters (Car & Bike) but the dyno dont lie .. I got extra ponies from the Pipercross over the K&N. When you see it you will see why .. its huge !! The removed plastic is less weight to carry around and the induction roar ... :drool

:hail TLR's

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
For the TLS guys the Uni filter rocks:thumbup

·
Registered
412 Posts
I went to the Pipercross website and it shows that they only carry the filter for the 97-98 TLR ? What gives ?

I want this product !!!!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts