TLZone Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really got into the spirit of being on the mason-dixon line for tday, so much so that I went 4wheeling a bit inbetween bouts with the turkey. forded a river and then got into some mud. I'm pretty impressed with the T4R in stock trim. The mud was pretty deep, with 18inch deep ruts. I came pretty close to bottom out on those, but still got through with no real problems. Would still like to have some more clearance, maybe some spacers and taller tires are in the future. I've heard only bad things about the stock dunlops, and they don't look like a good mud tire at all, but still didn't have too hard of a time. With some real mudders and some more clearance I could see the black beauty really tearing it up. So much for keeping her clean :laugh

click for bigguns

sorry, didn't get any of the mud. nothing too much to show, just umm...mud...and doughnuts :lol

-:banana

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
been there done that. anyone that's ridden out to fraiser park past ojai, ca knows what i'm talking about :laugh i've taken the r1 through deeper water than those picts :laugh

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Ick...got caught in a rainstorm on my way to work on the old gixxer. Coming down the tollway I went under an overpass and the water was lapping over the tops of the toes of my boots.

Nice pics, looks like fun.

·
Registered
186 Posts
nice truck man. is it the V8 model? i had a 05 tacoma TRD offroad with the 4.0 and six speed, man that thing had some nuts. i play too hard in the dirt sometimes though. the toyota in question i ended up jumping about 5-6 feet in the air at one point. AWESOME vehicles but if you have the electronic locking rear do not attempt to do many burnouts with it. something with the electronic locker not sure but i put two rear ends in that truck before i even hit 15,000 miles.

tire wise may i suggest a set of the toyo open country M/T. awesome tire with deep lugs for good self cleaning, great grip, tough, and the best of all they ride almost as quite as a passenger tire on the road.:hail

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks like fun:thumb

My old toyota was great off road. Slid around a lot (really light in the rear) but would to almost anywhere. Made finding parking spots on campus a snap too.

I still think you'd dig a dual sport bike. Tons of fun I tell ya. I just put a deposite down on another DR, when I pick it up and have it runing your welcome to try it out if you like:D

·
Registered
725 Posts
Aye - Lockwood Valley in the winter is great! Nothing like catching air on the run before the low water bridges because you can't see the gigantic dip in the road. Man, do I miss those roads...

been there done that. anyone that's ridden out to fraiser park past ojai, ca knows what i'm talking about :laugh i've taken the r1 through deeper water than those picts :laugh

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice truck man. is it the V8 model? i had a 05 tacoma TRD offroad with the 4.0 and six speed, man that thing had some nuts. i play too hard in the dirt sometimes though. the toyota in question i ended up jumping about 5-6 feet in the air at one point. AWESOME vehicles but if you have the electronic locking rear do not attempt to do many burnouts with it. something with the electronic locker not sure but i put two rear ends in that truck before i even hit 15,000 miles.

tire wise may i suggest a set of the toyo open country M/T. awesome tire with deep lugs for good self cleaning, great grip, tough, and the best of all they ride almost as quite as a passenger tire on the road.:hail
its the V6 4x4. It has a locking center dif. haven't really had the chance to use that.

Aye - Lockwood Valley in the winter is great! Nothing like catching air on the run before the low water bridges because you can't see the gigantic dip in the road. Man, do I miss those roads...
yeah, and those dips catch up to you real quick when you're doing a buck fifty down that straight away. :laugh

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Lockwood Valley in the winter is great
I broke the speed limit on that road a few times :devious Lockwood is a nice mix of fast and tight/twisty, lightly travelled, no cops. That was a good road. Pity it was torture for me to get to from LA. :banghead

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Ok crash, I would be too worried about getting the pretty truck wet on the inside. :) That is why I want to buy a Wrangler, don't have to worry!

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
glad to see that U get out of the house slacker :laugh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts