TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I either have really sensitive skin or my razor sucks because I usually get razor burn when using my Remington Titanium R950. It feels like its pulling my hair out rather than cutting it, so I'm going to assume my razor sucks. Heres a pic of it:

I was wondering what you guys use, what works great and what doesnt? My price range is around $50 so keep that in mind. (I've read that those ridiculously priced ones aren't worth it anyway) I hear the Norelco Reflux Plus 6843XL, and the Panasonic Linears work well.

Plllleeeeaaassseee help me out, I will have a beard soon... :rant

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
dude i tried a electric shaver and my skin is to senestive, it think it shaved the top layer of my skin off.....so i just use that new gillete fusion! i love it

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I've had a top of the line Braun for about 3-4 years. It burnt me the first few times. Since then I've gotten my face used to 5 days a week of it and never looked back. Replace the blade and foil very 2 years. Expensive, but I never have problems with razor burn or pain, and the doohicky cleans it for me. It's not incredibly close, so I get a decent 5 o'clock shadow going. When you add up the cost of blades and gel over that time, I figure it has paid itself off.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
tinyUK said:
wet shave... :yes

have never got on with electric shavers..
:stupid

My facial hair grows pretty fast, I used to shave with a blade for morning formation in the Marines and by lunch formation I would have a shadow going and used to get questioned if I'd shaved that day. Electric razors don't work for me. Close as a blade...not hardly. I stick with blades as they do a better job.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I still use and electric shaver.. tried lots.. but i always need a 30 second razor cleanup of hairs it just ill not pick up.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
mach 3 turbo, or gillette fusion. the more blades, the better. but the blades aren't the cheapest things you will ever buy.

·
Registered
871 Posts
i hated shaving so much that i had laser hair removel done so now i don't have to worry about what razor to use!!!!!!!! :coocoo :coocoo :coocoo

·
Registered
618 Posts
I just bought that same Titanium 950R about 2 months ago. I thought it was pretty smooth, it works equally well on my face as it does my head! I had a 850 Remington before it along with a 130.00 Norelco....that worked like crap. The Norelco was the worse electric razor I've ever had. It was my 3rd Norelco, the other 2 were so good, but the new one was crap, it was a 68xx, or 67xx, or some 4 digit number. I like the new Titanium 950, plus I only paid like 21.00 with tax from MarBeck.
I use blades once in a while the Gilette Mach something or another....but I ain't rich enough to do that, those blades are unbelievably high priced!! I pay about 10-11 for a pack of 4 and it takes at least 2 of them per week. there a smooth shave but way to pricey. I'm not brave enough to try and use a straight razor!
Lighten up on how hard your pressing down on that Titanium.....and just make little circles....it takes a while but they work good.
Regards Sonny

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
While on the topic of shaving, call me bizzare and strange, but I prefer twin blade razors. I don't want or need more blades. I find they shave me too close and that I get the occasional ingrown hair. Two blades just works for me.

Damn Gillette. I never invested any actual thought into my razor purchases. All I knew was that I use an old school twin blade razor. Now it has come to my attenion that they make the Trac II and the Atra. I keep buying the wrong Trac II blades and my handle is an Atra.

Further research on this topic reveals that the prehistoric (circa 1971 or so) Trac II was the first razor with more than one blade. The difference between the Atra and the Trac II is that the Atra pivots. I dunno if they even make Trac II handles anymore and I have like 20 Trac II blades with no handle to mount them to :banghead. I guess I have to reasearch handles.

This is way more thought than I ancitipated concerning toiletries :coocoo I have a crapload of Trac II blades but I am down to my last Atra blade that fits my ancient shaving cream encrusted ancient handle that I have probably been using since high school :laugh

As my dad, who had quite a way with words, used to say, life is full of innocuous vicissitudes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts