Votes: 113 28.1%
  • I run another size

Votes: 12 3.0%

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
ehh, Ill make my contribution.. RK GWX 520 with 17/40 Stealth, not only looks pretty but feels a lot better than stock, even with the light change in gearing.

AND 5TH PAGE!!!! WHOOO HOOOOO :laugh

·
Registered
194 Posts
-1+2 and a 520 rk gold with a stealth rear sprocket. It's not the overall weight savings the bike's drive line has lost a lot of inertia so it will rev quicker. Same idea as getting forged aluminum or magnesium wheels, less rotational mass. Best bang for the buck except the free mods and those don't seem to add nearly as much punch IMO.

Eric

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you want to go with 520, make sure get the strongest 520 chain available. I think Regina RX ring is about as strong as or stronger than 530 out there. It's a bit pricey, but it does save weight. You don't want thje chain to break off, and that would be realllly bad.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
ive just passed the 39K mile mark on my well maintained yet very much drag raced 530 DID x-ring. i ordered a new unit to keep on hand but this one still has only been adjusted twice in all those miles.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
rk xring gold:bling

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
kivmax said:
DID Gold 520
Guess i better read up on how to adjust my chain....:O
Did you end up keeping your bike? I thought you sold it due to divorce.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
17/41 TLS 530 chain.

kivmax said:
DID Gold 520
Guess i better read up on how to adjust my chain....:O
Did you end up keeping your bike? I thought you sold it due to divorce.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
530 17/40...
I don't think I'd feel much of a performance gain from a 520. I'd rather have it last.

·
Registered
676 Posts
DID gold afram 17 41 520, 520 is better if you hang out in the mountains or the track. If you are slacker on chain maintanace stick with the 530. Back when I was more of a dumbass than I am now and chain up keep was right up there with goneria I had the chain come off the rear of my zx7 in 4th at ten grand, chain kinda bunched up in the front and started ripping shit apart, pulled the lower case bolt out, ripped the nut holding the front sprocket in half, front sprocket stayed on, don't know how, lost 3 1\2 quarts of oil in 2 seconds, bike never locked up, chain only broke on one side, think it was a 530 X Ring, if I remember correct they good for 12,000 pounds, this was at La Tuna canyon, up the hill from the golf course, nice and straight. I was way pissed, what the hell happened, I done ****ed up.

·
Registered
845 Posts
DID X-Ring, but I have no idea what size it is. How do you tell?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Had both....I liked responses and weight savings of the 520 but went back to a 530 cause gravel roads, wheelies, and extensive mileage kept doing this to my aluminum.....You could hear It shaving teeth with a wheelie WOT...........I never tried the hard alloy stuff.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
just ordered a 520... for my dirt bike

:laugh

81 - 100 of 142 Posts