Votes: 113 28.1%
  • I run another size

Votes: 12 3.0%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ok since this is on the forum I thought I would share my story WHICH HAPPENED LAST NIGHT!!! So Im out with the boys riding. Theres about 25 of us who ride friday and saturday nights, and my bike is the only "harley" out there. So we decide to go stunt. So Im doing wheelies and stoppies and what not. Im shifting from first thru 3rd through all my wheelies having a great time when all of a sudden in mid second BAM loud noise the bike comes slamming down and I think my clutch took a dump cause i thought it wouldnt go into gear. Turns out that 530 chain of mine which is a season old snapped. And I some how got luck and it fed right through the back end of the bike touching nothing. Not my casing not my water pump, nothing.

So I got super lucky, 1 I could have eatin some serious asphault in that wheelie and 2 I could have had a dead TLR. So off to the parts counter I go. It sucks cause the chain was adjusted right and it was only a season old. I guess thats tourqe for ya!!! I checked the chain it didnt seem in that bad of shape. Not alot of stretch in it when I did go back in pick it up. I SHIT MY PANTS THOUGH WHEN I REALIZED WHAT HAD HAPPENED.:crazy

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Was it the master link that broke? If so, clip or rivet?

Glad you're ok - that's scary to even think about. :dowhat

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah it was the master link, it was suppose to be rivited on but that didnt stop the tiller from spitting it out. The chain was in decent shape but I didnt want to trust it by getting just a link. I got lucky once. i just bought a new one.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had a stock chain snap on my zx7 with less than 1k on the new bike. Wound out first and smacked second. That is when it happened.

The worst thing about is that I had to push the bike home about a mile :pissleft

·
Registered
598 Posts
520 here :) It's faster! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same thing happened to me

I sold my TL1000S with a 520 kit on it (less than 3000 miles on the set) to a stunter in Mass. He broke the chain in a wheelie because of a bad rivet link. Luckily no real damage to the bike. Just crapped his pants.:)

Oh yeah I run a 530. Time for a new chain and sprockets for my TLR. I think I'm gonna stay with a 530.

·
Registered
338 Posts
everything in my drivetrain is stock,except the chain.

·
Registered
89 Posts
How can I tell?? I bought the bike used and all I can tell is that the chain is a DID gold, but that's it. Any markings on the chain/sprocket that will tell me?

·
Registered
194 Posts
16t front and 40t rear stealth in 520 with a RK gold xw chain and the acceleration is noticable even with stock gearing

·
Registered
778 Posts
I use RK chains on both bikes.

RK 530 GBXW with steel JT Sprockets.
17 front 38 back

After going three up in the back on my Bandit, I think the TL will be getting a bigger rear next go-round.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Today just bought a ERV2 520 and AFAM 16/40....along with BMC filter, Metzler M1's and 15,000 mile service.......I'm all ready for Spring:)
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
618 Posts
Some threads have more lives then Michael Myers
Regards Sonny

61 - 80 of 142 Posts