TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm pissed.

I was in the middle of a game last night at about 3:30AM. when my 360 locked up.

I was winning. :laugh

Anyways, the Xbox 360 is prone to lock ups, a typical windows box.

I think okay, power off, restart, and get back on.

Nope, a no go, my profile cannot sign in. Prompted to test my network connection. Problem, the MTU connection is not established. The Xbox 360 needs this to work in order to connect to XBOX Live.

Okay check, restart router, retry Xbox 360 = NOPE :rant

:idea Disconnect modem, router, and xbox360 …. Wait a few minutes turn all back on.

In doing this I dropped my cable down behind the desk. Now how do I get that cable from behind the desk? The wife wakes up. In fear of losing my modem settings and re configuring everything I had to get it back on, I begged, pleaded, demanded for her o get down there and get my cable. This did not go over well, but she tried. Terri had no idea which cable it was so I had to get down there in my state and find the cable, pass to her to reroute back behind the wall and test and plug it back up. I must get up now. I finally get back up from a floor position “not easy with a fracture pelvis” I make it. 4:20AM..

Does it work? Hell No.

Freak it, I’m going to bed.

This morning, retry same freaking problem MTU settings. In the router all is fine.

Okay I’ll upgrade the router firmware and see if that helps. NOPE

Guess what, XBOX LIVE is unavailable and is doing a schedule maintenance. :rant

With all the freaking updates they send you, one would think they could send you a freaking message about this via the XBOX 360 console :coocoo

They are upgrading the XBOX live site. I hope this is why I can’t establish a connection to Xbox Live. :rant

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I think its a sign that ya arn't supposed to be playing video games at 4am:lol

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not much else to do. Sometimes I can't sleep.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going crazy one more day before they are backup. This is a bit mine boggling. You would thing a company as big as Microsoft would have made this an easier transition.

Gamers the world over need to unite and call :bs come on. :rant

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking it's not just me but everyone on XBOX live. If that is not correct PM me and I'll go buy another router.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
you guys play way too many video games, del's the only one with an excuse :lol

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, Hey tonight that shit just turned off. I'm playing my game and bam, off it goes.

Run the network test and it fails when trying to connect to XBOX live.

This is not how Microsoft should be running this. I mean they had the market share but because of this I bet many gamers will jump ship if a decent console comes out with great games.

There website is back up at least.

"Status:

Up and Running.

Users may experience intermittent issues connecting to Xbox Live. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience."

·
Registered
4,745 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
They do show you a message saying it will be down. I've been playing Dead Rising all week at my mate's place and there's been a big message from MS on the main console page saying it will be down for 24 hours for maintenance (and probably an addition of features - there was last time it was out for a day).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Del, you should call up Xbox support and demand that they reimburse you for the 28¢ that you paid for those two days. :laugh

I feel your pain, though...I had just gotten my 360 back from getting repaired (broken for over a month), and the very next day...Live was down. :banghead

1 - 15 of 15 Posts