TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup, drove across the country again. 2,800 miles, 8 states, 6 hours of sleep, 3 blizzards, 2 mountain passes.

after making great time through the majority of nebraska, mother nature decided to throw a curve ball by trying to blast the rocky mountains off the map. roads are closed? colorado is not passable? whatever, i've got GPS and 4x4, what could go wrong? :laugh

I never want to do this again, but had loads of fun taking pictures in the 100 mph winds. I wish i had gotten a picture of the trucker who was holding onto a piece of sheet metal, and getting a crash course on windsurfing on ice.

-:banana

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sounds like a wild and fun trip jensen:thumbup

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Yes, we got a little bit of snow here in Colorado. My neighbor has a snowblower, but it is a wimpy Craftsman thing and while the 5hp Briggs engine was willing, it's cheesy rubber disc rubbing on a metal disc drive system was not. :banghead I dug this out myself by hand. My other neighbor threw his back out so I dug him out too. He repaid me with numerous Sol brewskis. Ahhh :)

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
glad U got there in one piece :thumbup good thing U got that 4x4 :) and that first pic is awesome :hail

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
yup, drove across the country again. 2,800 miles, 8 states, 6 hours of sleep, 3 blizzards, 2 mountain passes. after making great time through the majority of nebraska, mother nature decided to throw a curve ball by trying to blast the rocky mountains off the map. roads are closed? colorado is not passable? whatever, i've got GPS and 4x4, what could go wrong? :laugh
-:banana
Well, you have to take a piss at some point & as you walk outside the SUV the 100mph winds slam the truck door closed & the power door locks come on automatically as the car is still running! Well, then you are stuck outside with your digital camera searching fervently for a spare set of keys you think you may have wedged into a crevice on the frame? "Hell, while I am out here I may as well take a few shots!"

:)

That's what my quess was when I saw those shots! Sounds like a fun road trip. I've done it a few times but thankfully not in the Winter.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:spit

·
Registered
269 Posts
BRRRR. I dont miss that crap at all. but it sure is fun drifting with an all wheel drive Subaru on ice covered roads :wheelie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts