TLZone Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bawling:bawling:bawlingSadly there was no other choice,things had gotten so bad that in the end it came down to a choice between tripping over it everyday or simply parting with it and being happy knowing it went to a good home.For many years its been like a breath of fresh air in a somewhat stale enviroment as it stoically held the door open and allowed the house to breath the gift of a summer wind but a somewhat tipsy mate whilst being led out the door by his Mrs (by the ear:dowhat) glanced downward and somewhat enamoured by the sight of such a high tech bit of kit gave me $20 for my rotary doorstop:devious"hows it work he asked'.:coocoo

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
You had me going for a bit then Mike .I thought to myself "surely not !" :laugh

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You had me going for a bit then Mike .I thought to myself "surely not !" :laugh
:deviousNa seems like many on here the TLs an addiction,owned it 9 years or so and it simply refuses to leave.:rant:dowhat:O$20 for the doorstops not bad though eh.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Phew... What a relief..
I was scared for a minute.... :banghead
On a second thought.... all this poetic sense was not appropriate for a bike leaving the house :lol

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,858 Posts
I can't believe it. :dowhat

You actually got $20 for it? :laugh

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Ask him if he wants another one .:devious :laugh
Although ,then I'd have to find another garage door stop . :)

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
I get a new doorstop every year!
its the placky wrapped phone book and i keep it there till the next new one arrives:laugh

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Had me going Mike

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:stupid :laugh good one Mike

·
Moderator,
8,251 Posts
Hey Mike, I'll sell him my more valuable R version so he can have the complete set. :deal:lol

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
You got me Mike! :laugh

Mine went in the bin. Did not think of such clever alternative uses

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:laugh

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooo...... hey wait a minute. you got me too after that last scare you had when you thought of selling the bike earlier this year. If the fella opened the door of actually buying one of these dampers he could have thousands drop on his doorstep for free now!

Tim

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't believe it. :dowhat

You actually got $20 for it? :laugh
Seems the day after he was not so enamoured with his purchase,rang me today wondering if he could return it for a cash refund:coocoo i said "you were nuts for giving me 20 quid for it,buying it back would make me even stupider than you".:)

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
,buying it back would make me even stupider than you".:)
you're a hard man!!!!!!!!!!:devious :lol

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you're a hard man!!!!!!!!!!:devious :lol
No doubt he will get over it mate.On the turps one night here at home his Mrs was drinking Kahlua and milk,ran outta milk so after hiding her glasses i despatched his Mrs to the dairy down the road with a $ note out of the Monopoly set:devious needless to say an argument ensued with the dairy owner re payment.:ONone to appy when she returned.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts