TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uhhh... guys i may have gone and done a bad thing LOL i was posting about looking into a GSXR front end. well while perusing ebay i found a pretty good deal. well i put a bid on it but in all honesty i figured i wouldn't win considering the prices i have seen these going for. but i scored it for 535.00 so do you guys think i got myself a good deal or did i get e-screwed??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=230051159289&rd=1&rd=1

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
I suppose, although most place can coat forks now, and since there used I would service them right off the bat before installing them and have them set to your weight, which if you can not do it yourself is about $300, I think the initial 500 would have you taken care of at a shop.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good point tlstreak but "most places can coat forks" is nowhere near where i live, hell i cant even find a powder coater here. and i do plan on setting up the forks for me. i am getting to be good buds with the local bike shop people here (we only have 1) and maybe i might be able to get them to let me use their shop to set up the forks myself all in the name of "education" but we'll see. i have most of this winter to do it so it shouldn't be too bad if i take my time and research it properly.

also i know that the differance in performance isn't supposed to be huge but i did just want to update the looks of the bike with the radial brakes. the biggest thing for me is just trying to make sure i didn't get the short end of the deal for the price considering the amount fo hardware i am getting. i figure if i had tried to piece meal this together i probably would have spent close too double getting the parts together. i guess biggest thing i want to make sure is if the price i got it at is in line with the market for said items??

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Nice, forks, but for $476.00 you could have made a set of TLR forks perform even better. The Gixxer stuff has 20 mm cartridges and most of the $2000.00 ss kits add a 25 mm. Those are nice forks, for a good price though. Get springs and change the oil at a minimum and install new pads.:coocoo

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
not sure if it's that great of a deal seeing as i just scored a set of complete hayabusa forks for 175.00. there great looking forks but i bet if you shopped around a bit more you could have found a better deal! IMHO:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts