TLZone Forums banner

Well............its been 2 days....

2K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  bikerchris 
#1 ·
................since my last cigarette.

I dont feel good. :no

Went for a run last night, and was amazed how quickly I got my breath back compared to when I was smoking. And that was after just one day off the cigarettes.

#2 ·
Congrats, that's awsome:thumbup

Keep at it, I'm sure life will suck for a bit, but then you'll get over it and be sooo much healthier:yes

#5 ·
...good going, keep it up:thumbup...

#6 ·
I believe it's been medically proven that within one week you're lungs have drastically improved their "breathing" capacity.......so well done!! you will love the way you feel very soon :thumbup

#7 ·
I have been off em for 6 months now Dave, and by the way i feel now, i cant believe i smoked in the 1st place :coocoo :coocoo :coocoo

Trouble is, i still get the urge or crave for one sometimes. You just gotta say no 'i am a non smoker' :)

2 days is a long time if you have smoked for longer, just make sure you dont smoke again :rant

#8 ·
I quit in 2001 after like 30 years (yep, I was 12 or 13 and started :banghead). I feel better now, I get a pang or two occaisionally, but a little second hand is all I can stand, and I am getting to where that isn't so good anymore. I get my lung capacity checked annually for my job. I was down to 43% of what a man my age and weight should have, I had pneumonia twice, but didn't quit until a good friend died that was 39 years old. Woke me up. Now I am at 92% of what I should be and feel lots better. You can quit, it is worth it and you will make it. Good on you sir! :hail

#9 ·
i used to smoke 60 a day.i quit in 1992 after 20 years.good going fella.

#11 ·
:thumbup Dave. Hang in there, it will get better.

#15 ·
Well done Dave thing of all the extra modding money:devious

#18 ·
Good luck. I never smoke but thought about it many times.

Anyways How's today going. You still hanging in there?

#20 ·
Good to hear,

BTW was it you or the other dave interested in my 04/05 GSXR forks?

#22 ·
Good on you Dave!

I quit several months ago too.
You'll have the 'cravings' for a while yet as they are mental NOT physical - nicotine is out of your body in minutes which is why we need to smoke every half hour or so! So tell your mind to sod off & you'll be right.

#24 ·
Well, caved in tonight and rolled a ***.

Went outside, had 2 puffs, and nearly threw up. I went all dizzy, and had to rush in and brush my teeth.

After spending £2500 on them puppies this month, I dont wanna be getting them all yellow and ****ed up (again)..........but thats another story. :laugh

#27 ·
Dentist are expensive. I should have been a dentist because each time I go it's nearly a grand I think. :crazy

#28 ·
That would be annoying:dowhat My check up bill is about 12 bucks, but I did drink lots of milk when I was younger....what bearing that has I do not know!:laugh

#29 ·
Gotta die of summit. I enjoy my smokes.

I'm no quitter:laugh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.