TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a GPR steering damper for the SMR. Should be a big improvement at the track :devious

Click for big 'uns

Even got a new decal Woo Hoo!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Dunno how you do it Doug :O ......... you sellin drugs or something :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
You'll love it:thumbup

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope so, nope same job 24 years, lots of work and an understanding wife. :coocoo

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
You will, I held out for years and years on the steering damper thing and finally bought one last spring. What a difference, makes riding the bike much easier, eliminates headshake and makes it less tireing to ride. Of course this is all off road stuff, but the bike itself is very similar.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...:yumyum...

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
could have use something like that today when I was out tearing up the gravelroads here :laugh

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Good lord Doug, how many gallons is that tiny tank?

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good lord Doug, how many gallons is that tiny tank?
Not much, I can't run two sessions at the track consistently without a splash. I think it holds 7 liters or about 2 gallons. Not a lot.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
and you thought the DRZ tank was bad :laugh

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Dunno how you do it Doug :O ......... you sellin drugs or something :laugh
Doug has a good job making good money and doesn't live too extravagently except for his bikes. The understanding wife helps too! :)

Doug, don't know if it was so much advice that I was offering as much as it was hounding you and bitchslapping you for not doing what you knew you should have done.

I'm eager for a full report. You taking it out this weekend?

How much did the setup raise the bars?

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like it raised it 1/2 to 3/4 inch or so and I am working nights this weekend.

When are you going to the bike show?

·
14,150 Posts
Probably going Sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will try to go then also, may have to have Courtney drive me as I will be trying to sleep. :lol

·
14,150 Posts
Well, the wife I think just informed me that we may be going Sunday morning...can't interfere with the "Cowboys Game" you know. :coocoo I may talk her into recording it so we can watch it later and perhaps Zelig and I can hit the trails that morning. I need to go get hurt on the mountain bike this weekend sometime as it's been a few weeks.

·
14,150 Posts
No after action report? Doug...I'm dissapointed. Don't tell me you haven't tried it out yet on the track? :O

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Been busy, rode it around the block and almost crashed cause I had it on like 7 out of 10. So it is at 4.5 when I get some decent weather I will try her out. :coocoo

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:doh For SM stuff I suspect you'll want it near the lightest setting, but don't know for sure - those stiff settings are for keeping big dez bikes straight at 100mph though rocks/whoops etc:scared

If its like a scotts you can also adjust the speed at which the high-speed circut kicks in and high and low speed damping seperately as well as the sweep °'s etc. Lots of fun stuff to fiddle with:D

have fun

1 - 20 of 20 Posts