TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My winter project was a little re-working of my baby. Lets see i did paint, shortie M4's, solo tail, custom muffler brackets, CCC, powder coated the rims and pressure plate, Corbin seat, new clutch/springs/brakes/, rebuild fuel injectors, the list goes on! Anyhow I have a new love of my baby, hope you like!

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Dude, I love the old Gulf Paint scheme. Never thought of doing it on a bike. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Very nice. How loud are those shorties?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I grew up watching the old GT40's and Porsches racing. So the scheme came to mind, and after doing a little googling, Ducati ran the 1098 in the Endurance championship, sponsored by Gulf, great looking bikes!

The M4's are a weeeeee bit louder than my full length pair, but i'm told not annoyingly loud, so lets say they sound just right! If you ever wanna hear, we're at Toby's off 128th Thursday evenings for our club meetings.........more than welcome

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I love the paint scheme... it's very different, and as you can see by mine, I love different!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yours isn't different, google "Ninja Green" LOL kidding, looks great, almost did a dark british emerald racing green, but LOVE the way the Gulf turned out...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Well done :thumbup

·
Registered
593 Posts
looks good buddy...damn good...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Might not be able to make it this Thursday since I'm still waiting for parts but I'll try for next week. Local TLRs may be getting together for a ride soon as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well keep me in mind, I have a friend who just got his on the road, with a little help from yours truly donating a few body pieces! He is now known as "Skittles", i think he has ever color of the rainbow on that thing! LOL i'll have pics soon......

·
Registered
248 Posts
A little off topic, but I did the plus mod and charging mod with the Shindengen FH012AA R/R and it turned out excellent. If you decide to go that route let me know and I can assist.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think that the bike looks a bit "naked" in certain areas such as the tail and tank. Maybe a few more graphics? Otherwise good choice of colours and scheme, it turned out well!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
E56, i'll take you up on that for sure, anytime you wanna swing by and help out i'll take it!

As for more graphics, i'm contemplating number plates, just white 'stickers' in the usual spots, i'm also talking to my Graphics guy about creating a Team Gulf/Suzuki logo, not sure where it would go........Thanks for the input though, it is on the radar, but it will still remain simple......Let the lines speak for themselves!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts