TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well over the summer i ended up guttin my stock cans to get some more sound out of them and in the process of putting the end caps on i broke two of the screws that hold the caps on, would i be possible to have a welder weld a few spot welds in place of the screws to hold em in place? is the metal the stock cans weldable?:O

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Why not rivet them perhaps? :O

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the screw heads broke off and the holes are still plugged with the remains of the sh!t screw i used, i tried to drill it out and that didnt go very well.....

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah chuck im just gonna have em do two little spot welds near the edge of the cap where im missin the screws, im too happy with the cans the way they are...gloss black loud as hell and shootin flames :devious

·
Registered
451 Posts
drill and tap or just drill and rivet

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i tried drillin already screwed two of the holes up, they are going in all sideways and such, im going with the weld options its my only hope

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
adhesive? like jb weldish kinda stuff? hmmm might work, ill have to look into that.....i gotta do something soon cause im afraid im gonna shoot an end cap off into someones windshield. chucks is that what that internal baffle thread is all about? what are you planning on doing?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mmmmm sounds tasty.....how far along are you on this plan of yours, sounds like i may have another winter project to tackle, and BTW i got the end caps welded, worked great no more flappy caps :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have seen a CBR with a "no cans" setup and it sounded good... now on a TL OMG! Keep me/ us informed! (a remap would be a good Idea after that kind of drastic mod I would imagine.?.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts