TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rubbed my tls tank down today to prep for paint and uncovered two small holes on the bottom of the outside edge of the tank above the lip on one side. Could these be repaired?
Also sanded down a few rust coloured marks under the paint which have no rust colour now just small dimples. Is this ok for primer of is there some treatment needed?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rubbed my tls tank down today to prep for paint and uncovered two small holes on the bottom of the outside edge of the tank above the lip on one side. Could these be repaired?
Also sanded down a few rust coloured marks under the paint which have no rust colour now just small dimples. Is this ok for primer of is there some treatment needed?
Anyone repaired their tank?

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Take it to a radiator repairer

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Chances are theres more to be revealed,i had 2 little holes to start with then blew the tank out with a water blaster which revealed more...much more,bought a Por 15 kit ie rust killer then sealer and then soldered up the holes,worked well.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chances are theres more to be revealed,i had 2 little holes to start with then blew the tank out with a water blaster which revealed more...much more,bought a Por 15 kit ie rust killer then sealer and then soldered up the holes,worked well.
Thats what mine are like but on the outside of the tank. Can a repair be made without it being too noticeable?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts