TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is re a SV650 with GSXR600 RWU SRAD forks.

The issue is that, recently i have changed the disks for some OEM ones as the EBC were knackered and realy bad. when i put it all back together the right disk (when looking onto the bike from front) is abt 1mm from the side of the caliper. I have tried refitting the wheel and disks, turned wheel around and issue is still the same on the right side, swapped the disks around. I am lost on what to do, is bad because sometimes the disk touches the caliper and you hear a grind, i have to stop riding now because of it.

I thought that the disks were probably bent but when i did take it for a proper spin there was no vibes and braking was fine.

Any Ideas?

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
is it the rotor or something on the wheel where it mounts. Metal to metal surface, a little dirt can make it offset. Id remove it again clean the wheel and check for any kind of debris, and maybe take the rotor to a shop with a machine and check if its true or wrapped.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TLstreak said:
is it the rotor or something on the wheel where it mounts. Metal to metal surface, a little dirt can make it offset. Id remove it again clean the wheel and check for any kind of debris, and maybe take the rotor to a shop with a machine and check if its true or wrapped.
I thought it could be the paint that was on the mounting face, but i took that all off.

If it was warped i would expect to feal it when braking though. The chances that the inner rotor has been equaly bent all around is unlikley

They are from a Hayabusa and AFAIK they have 0 offset. I need to get a definate answer before i go back to the ebay seller and tell him that the 2nd set of disks ive got are shagged.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they are bent (AGAIN). Took the disk off that i suspected bent and put a steel rule against the inner face and it was dished outwards with the edges of the ruler about 2-3mm from the disk, i confirmed it by checking the other disk which was completley flush and against my other EBC disks which are straight.

Grrr, this is the 2nd set of disks that are damaged that i have had from ebay. Im getting annoyed now.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
doh.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just if people can confirm, if you put a steel rule against the back of the disk it should sit flush from edge to edge.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See im not going mad, its totaly bent, bent like bender (Futurama)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts