TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey good evening my tl brothers, trying to figure why my bike start right up when i go to an from work which is bout 15 mins both ways dont put it on a charger or nothing an everyday it starts rite up, but when i go on ride for like a hr or so it wont start unless i jump the starter relay. Driving me nuts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Something is getting hot and failing as a result. Start with replacing the relay itself then look for other connectors in places that get toasty warm after a long ride. The connector on the relay itself is a good place to start. Famous for getting fried is that one.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
+1 on what snowy said.

Is this a TLS or TLR?

Also, verify that the battery cable connections are corrosion free and snug at both ends. Do the same for the starter motor cable.

Another thought, the main loom ground can corrode and cause odd system behavior. Personally, I would remove that single spade connector and hard wire (solder) the wire back together. However, that may be a project for another day. At least verify that it is clean and tight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey good evening my tl brothers, trying to figure why my bike start right up when i go to an from work which is bout 15 mins both ways dont put it on a charger or nothing an everyday it starts rite up, but when i go on ride for like a hr or so it wont start unless i jump the starter relay. Driving me nuts
How much voltage is getting to the battery at 4k. Put a mosfit regulator on mine second fuse box works great now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts