oh and don´t swallow everytime :laugh

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
Update.

The cute girl move back to Chicago (her home town). :(

I never collected on the picture. :banghead

Now I have nothing pretty to look at while at work. Time for a new job I suppose.

I now weigh 232.5 on the same office scale. Still going slow, but going.

New Goal is 210 by my 40th birthday. That's in May.

I can do it.

I don't really feel any different and I don't think I look different. Then again, I always had a hard time thinking I was over weight.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Well, that's 20 pounds now. Good work Del. I'm sure it makes a big difference already. Another 20 will do you great! :hail

Keep it up.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
You're going in the right direction :thumbup

Most everyone has problems detecting change. I have started and stopped weight training so many times now that I can put about 20 pounds of muscle back on within 2 months. But I still don't even realise I'm getting anywhere until I see someone for the first time in a couple of months and they comment.

·
Registered
175 Posts
They are right. Give up the soda. You would be surprised what that can do for you. Eat small meals and just do cardio at home or the gym. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I've found a new interest over at the University. :eek:mg she's pretty. I know I can't sample the menu but it does not hurt to :drool, dream and look.

She's like 5'9" and beauty. She moved here from Cincinnati to be with her BF but they broke up and now she's sitting on the fence about staying. She has an ECON degree from Brown U and lacking only twelve credits for her masters from Colombia. To top that off she states she can tune and work on her bike. This of course got me interested even more.

Guess what she has.

WAIT

WAIT (I know it's killing you)

A Ducati 888 :drool I of course offered to ride with her anytime. :devious

I then told the wife about her. I had too I have such a guilty conscience. You know I’ve got to let her know there could potentially be competition for my eye. Can't hurt I suppose.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Where's the pics?!

P

·
0 Posts
Good luck on another 20 pounds Del, you can do it for sure :thumbup

After 4 months of nearly quitting all sports (I was tired constantly and couldn't motivate myself), I picked things up some weeks ago.
I decided to leave ballet as it is for a while and try something new: thai boxing :devious :laugh
Holy sh*t, what a workout!!! There are two trainings of 2 hours a week.
I'm the only gal there but most guys are ok, I think some of them actually like getting their butts handed to them by a girl. :laugh
One downside is that apparently I bruise easily. We wear very little protection, only shinguards and teeth-protection, but no-one is allowed to box and kick at 100% (more like 60%).
I don't mind the pain, but it sucks that my shins get so black and blue.
I have a (small) black eye from last training, but I don't even remember when I got it :O
I don't know if anyone has experience with this, but do you toughen up eventually and don't get so blue anymore? :confused

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
I've done ju-jutsu and is doing Myai Thai boxing now. I know exactly what you mean because I've been looking like a leper two days after training. :eek

Still getting brused easily... Maybe you can get "better" after a while, but I don't think so.

It's a heck of a rough and funny work out though. :hail

P

·
0 Posts
Hmm.. that's rather bad news !

I get bruises on top of old bruises now, not exactly purdy :laugh
I find it a funny work out as well because you have to be quite lean for the high kicks etc., and all those guys cringe and moan constantly during stretching exercises :laugh
It's really crazy how much energy you burn during one training though..
We calculated it and mildly estimated it to be more than 1200 kcal :dowhat

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #111

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
One downside is that apparently I bruise easily. We wear very little protection, only shinguards and teeth-protection, but no-one is allowed to box and kick at 100% (more like 60%).
I don't mind the pain, but it sucks that my shins get so black and blue.
I have a (small) black eye from last training, but I don't even remember when I got it :O
I don't know if anyone has experience with this, but do you toughen up eventually and don't get so blue anymore? :confused
Your body will "toughen up" as you put it, but that will take a while.
Just don't get disenchanted in the meantime :)

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
I've done ju-jutsu and is doing Myai Thai boxing now. I know exactly what you mean because I've been looking like a leper two days after training. :eek

Still getting brused easily... Maybe you can get "better" after a while, but I don't think so.

It's a heck of a rough and funny work out though. :hail
ahh that´s why they call U punchbag :laugh

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
ahh that´s why they call U punchbag :laugh
Ouch! :bitchslap

Well. I can proudly say I kicked butt last time. Managed to beat up the smallest girl in the session. :blush :laugh
But what the heck, she's there on the same terms as all others, and she kicked like a horse!:eek

·
Registered
767 Posts
Your body will "toughen up" as you put it, but that will take a while.
Just don't get disenchanted in the meantime :)
I've been kick boxing for 20 years, at first they said i bruise easy, the marks still come and go but now they say its cos i'm old :laugh :laugh

P

·
0 Posts

Well. I can proudly say I kicked butt last time. Managed to beat up the smallest girl in the session. :blush :laugh
But what the heck, she's there on the same terms as all others, and she kicked like a horse!:eek

Good for you :lol

I managed to kick one guy straight in the balls yesterday (he was wearing a cup though), and one in the liver.. wooooopsssss :D

I received some fancy low kicks myself though, no worries ;)

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
I can kick all your asses :kicknuts to me U are targets that will be destroyed :lol

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts

U forgott to say that she is 4 years old :lol

101 - 120 of 140 Posts