TLZone Forums banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
No, I had some water this morning and now it's time. I kept this fair no last minute preparations or cutting corners with brown bompers. :laugh I want to win but I must win fair.

I should know soon enough. I’ll be honest though that banana split last night sure was good. :banghead The question is was it worth it? :dunno

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
If U missed it because of that :banana split :rant

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
No, I had some water this morning and now it's time. I kept this fair no last minute preparations or cutting corners with brown bompers. :laugh I want to win but I must win fair.

I should know soon enough. I’ll be honest though that banana split last night sure was good. :banghead The question is was it worth it? :dunno
If the deal was to loose a number of pounds in a number of weeks, any method is fair play. Maybe except amputation... :dowhat

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
This morning I weighed in at 241 unofficial weight. Later today, after lunch which I had a small chili and water.

I weighed in at 242LBS. That's 10lbs in three weeks. I succeeded. I have no idea if I will be able to collect on my lunch though. :laugh I just had a bite size reases cup :yumyum I only had one. I left the other two on the counter.

I now need to be consistent and move forward towards my ideal weight of 210lbs or less. My new goal is still set at 235lbs.

I can't understand why the scales are so much different. My home scale shows me at 240 or below. Here at work its a different story.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good job Del, getting into the habit of a healthy lifestyle is always hard. Truly making it a lifestyle is even harder. You can do it! In the future now that the bet is over you really shouldn't pay so much attention to the scale. The scale is not the end all measurement. I don't use my weight as a effective number unless my weight fluxuates out of my normal range. If you lift weights you will burn a lot of that weight off with time, but you will also be putting on muscle mass. Your actually weight may go down slower than you would expect, but your body fat % will go down faster. Your bf% is a better way to monitor your progress if you have the option available to you.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Thanks Roy, I have not seen you post in a long time, good advice. I know I'm a scale watcher and for me it makes me push harder. I'm somewhat competitive and I need that push to get me moving otherwise I'd climb back into my normal routine and say "not today, maybe tomorrow."

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
The scale is a good thing to monitor for tendencies and trends. You can see if you're gaining or loosing weight and at what rate, but changes should be monitored at weekly averages or something. Don't go crazy if the scale shows several pounds difference between one day and another!

About weight goals, don't let them be too absolute. Use a full body mirror instead. Watch your body and see the difference, that way you can more easily see what bigroy mentions about loosing fat and gaining muscle, where the scale shows no difference but you're a new man in the mirror.

Very well done Del! :hail

·
Registered
11,001 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
Good going Del :thumbup

I can't understand why the scales are so much different. My home scale shows me at 240 or below. Here at work its a different story.
Why are no two dyno's the same? :dunno

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
As Octo said, don't let the scale be your guide. Body composition is more important. If you hit the gym and exercise, your weight may not change that much, but you are replacing fat with muscle. Ya wanna know what is better than you weighing 210? You weighing 235 and having a much smaller waistline, fat replaced with muscle. The term bad ass comes to mind :)

Muscle is heavier than fat. I weigh almost 190 and have a 33" waistline. People tend to think I am thin until I take my shirt off :)

Tiger Woods is a good example of this. The guy is a weight training fanatic from what I read. I bet he is heavier than he looks. The man can bench 400 pounds :hail

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Thanks for the encouragement. Now to collect on the lunch and the picture.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
well done Del :thumbup

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Update, Okay I'm been lazy the last two months. I still weigh at 241 on the same office scale. I will start today, and work off another ten pounds this month. That's the goal anyways. I'm been waiting for this back pain to ease up but I've waited long enough. I must presevere.

I'll keep you posted. This thread is my motivation.

·
Registered
603 Posts
DO NOT EAT SEVERAL HOURS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED. also dont eat when your bored. your stomache has no way of telling you that you need to intake solid food. when you think you feel hungry... drink water and lots of it. that is the only feeling a human being can get from its stomache is thirst. i worked in a restaurant and i gained alot of wait and beer didnt help but i stopped eating the food there and stopped drinking all the sodas and switched my drinking habits to liqour instead of beer. also run at a constant pace and you burn alot more fat that way. incorporate things into your everyday routine like instead of walking to your car... jog to your car and everytime you pass a water fountain take a drink. just find little things in your diet that make your body a lil bit sore and just keep it up even after you reach your goal.

its wierd cause you would think by working out more that you would have less energy but if you wake up a lil earlier than usual and do a little exercise you actuall start your day of better and you have loads more energy than when you had no exercise and a bad diet :fire sweets, soda's, coffee with loads of sugar. start eating celery (you burn more EVERYTHING by eating than what your actually taking in, chewing burns calories) start snacking on carrots and veggies whatever you like. i love mayo but i cut it out of my diet and my best friend has a wife and 2 kids and he used to be REALLY buff and athletic he was a body builder type and his wife was tiny beofre 2 kids, they both got big and chunky but decided to start eating right and everyone participated and they are ten times happier and they have a designated cheat day every sunday where they can eat fast food or cheesecake or whatever they want but they still work out on that day.
good luck....cheers

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
I've lost about seven pounds now in four weeks.
I've been going to the gym three times a week for quite some time, rides my bike 10kms a day and walks for about two kms, but I've been eating a lot to gain muscle mass.
My meals was:
6:30 - Breakfast consisting of sour milk, a sliced banana and cereals.
9:30 - two sandwiches (dark bread, full grain)
12:00 - a lunch with lots of both protein and carbs
15:00 - two more sandwiches
17:30 - a milk based protein shake
19:00 - dinner simliar to the lunch
If I go the the gym that evening, I have a milk based protein shake with a banana afterwards at around 21:30.

What I've done now is to replace the first sandwiches with about 150g cottage cheese and an egg, and replace the second sandwich meal with a carrot/cabbage salad. I've also reduced the amount of carbohydrates I eat in evey meal by reducing the amount of pasta, potatoes, rice or whatever and replace it with root vegetables, beans or something similar.

This has worked as a charm for me. I'm still almost as strong in the gym so not too much reduce in muscle mass yet. I've lost a lot of water (3 pounds in the first day) by lowering the amount of carbs. I also eat slightly more carbs for dinner the days I'm going to the gym.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
guess If U pull out the buttplug U will loose 7 more :laugh

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
81 - 100 of 140 Posts