TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed war eagle fairings on their tlr? if so, any pictures? If you have, what rear seat fits on the new tail piece?

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...search for Schusbollie (sp) and kwikryder... they have both done it off the top of my head... fit and finish suck and you might or might not get the parts you paid for...

To find info on that do a search for war eagle and hammerit...you'll find plenty of info on the subject...

P

·
0 Posts
:stupid

Taking of the fairings requires some major morale boosting.
It aint something you want to do as you know it will be a beeatch to put them on again.
and Whenever I take the bike to the shop for maintenance, I have to strip her down myself as theres noway they going to do it without ruining the paint or something else.

In short. the fit sucks. And I dont even have the rear end. hehe...

Once on, it looks good :)
(Imho)

woooeee, a free picture-whooring... :laugh

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fairings

Thanks for all the feedback. If the fit is really so bad,I think I'll just do the gsxr tail piece only.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The TLR/R (gixxer wannabe) tail is not as bad as the rest of the wodywork but you will have to mod it up a bit to get it to fit. I had to re-drill the mounting holes and take a dremel to the tail light cut-out to get it to fit. Was it worth it? IMHO YES!!!

BTW the stock TLR rear seat fits :)

And if you are going to go for the whole TLR/R kit get some DZUS fasteners. It will make your life a whole lot easier

P

·
0 Posts
Kiwi:
Do you have pictures on how you have attached the new "bolts" on the bike?
Mostly on the inside that is.
I really need to replace those crappy ones they send with it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
PutteLiten said:
Kiwi:
Do you have pictures on how you have attached the new "bolts" on the bike?
Mostly on the inside that is.
I really need to replace those crappy ones they send with it.
Who are you callin a kiwi?!?! :coocoo

DZUS fasteners, got em from ebay for a decent price.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I was at chelapa shop last night he was finishing up on the last mold for tlr street fairings all he has to do is lay up the part.
The parts that he did finish are are wild super nice he losely mocked them up on his bike thay fit great. We are going to CT marcus dairy on OCT 8th for Super Sunday he should have all the parts for the TLS done too you will know how he is he will be the one with the primer gray TLR parcked nest to the primer gray TLS with fiber customes.com stickers on the side.

P.S. If you start PMing him ask him about the racoons

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I will try to have pics by this Sunday. I have been trying to do everything before super sunday. TV1000S will have my tls race upper, tls race tail, and maybe a mock up of the tls tank cover.

ill have everything except the cowl done. the cowl.. ehh.. looks like a beeatch to make.

Price' are fair, and quality goes with it.

P

·
0 Posts
kwikryder said:
Who are you callin a kiwi?!?! :coocoo

DZUS fasteners, got em from ebay for a decent price.
Awww, sorry :blush

Damn typo... :rolleyes: :yeahright

Thanks for the photos :) :thumbup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts