TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi has anybody got the code numbers for the early 97 tls ecu
i want to give my 2001 tls its hairy arsed teeth back was looking at a performance bike mag and they gave a code 01 , me thinks theirs got to be more numbers than just 01 as my 2001 s got shit loads of numbers on it,, help am going nuts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi , the code on my 2001 ecu is 32920-02F62 , think that little chap in japan would leave the bloody numbers alone,
so which ecu do i put on for the power then 02F00 or the 02F01 then , whats the dif in bhp between the ecu,s why so many??

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
OO is the original UK ECU, 01 was the replacment to stop the stumbles ..... there are loads of other codes for ECU's on bike's headed for other markets - Asia, US, California, etc. and their different needs re. emissions / EPA stuff etc. :)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
F62 is an undocumented one, was the bike an import? Where did it come from?

Mine's an F60 which matches up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a U,K bike and its a 2001 model . its the very last of the tls so ive be told by the main suzuki dealer in newcastle

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, If you just want to try one for comparison I can lend you an origional 32920-02F00 as long as you send it me back when you've tried it. Its a spare which my kid hacked some of the rubber out of when I left him to sort out my spare stuff (yes he is still alive) but it works fine and has been checked and zeroed back to origional settings on a yosh box so is completely standard.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that would be great if i could try it out , i was reading in performance bikes (june 2005) they did a few pages about the tl and one of the things it said was about the ecu if you wanted the extra kick source an early ecu for more bhp

cheers kev

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
It would be interesting to have that dynoed to see if there's more to the original ecu than can be done with a tre to a replacement ecu...

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I still call BS on the myth "the original ECU has more hp". Even if you gain any hp, you loose driveability and you possibly get back some bad problems like horrible fuel economy, fuel in oil, stumbling.

Now what's better :coocoo

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
That's exactly what I'd like to have shown once and for all.
1. Dyno to verify hp change
2. Butt dyno to get some info about how it handles...

I feel pretty satisfied with my replacement ecu. Especially since I fitted the tre.

Would like to have some numbers about the effect of the original -97 heads with supposedly larger ports compared to the narrower ones on the 98+ engines.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fast freddie, the ecu came in the post today , i will fit it sunday and take it for a test run as long as its not snowing, many many thanks
kevin

·
Registered
21 Posts
Give it a good test - I've had it in a box for ages so don't rush things just to speed it back to the parts box. Keep it until you have finished playing then PM me when you are sending it back. Have fun, Duncan.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I really don't see how a properly mapped out 97 ECU would be any better than a properly mapped out 01 ECU. Stock mapping and they both suck imo, but perhaps the 97 sucks less when stock:O

I would suggest spending your time getting the fueling all dialed in rather than swapping for another ecu.

just my 2c, I could be missing some importaint aspect:O

1 - 17 of 17 Posts