TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I had trouble starting the bike (TLS-97) a week ago. I put it on a tender, and yesterday i started it to measure the voltage.

The results was as follows:
Bike off: 13.2V
Bike on, no lights: 13.1V
Priming, no lights: dropped to 12.7V
Idle (1200rpm) no lights: 13.76V

The thing is that the voltage doesnt change from 13.7V, no matter how i rev the engine. The charging mod is done, and i wonder why i dont see 14+V .
Some electrical guru (looking in @Six5 direction) maybe can chime in and tell me if its ok as is?
I know the battery PO installed is insufficient in the CCA-department, so it will be changed this winter.

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Ordered me a used shindengen FH020AA just in case.. 馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Jonstorp,

Can you cancel your order?

The sh775 or sh847 are newer better options. The FH020 is perfectly fine though.
Damn, didn't know that.. its paid and sent from seller already.. Oh well...
Trying to find the connectors, however the shipping is killing the deal. $14 parts, $97 shipping from US to me in Sweden.. thinking about buying cheap from China and scrap what I don't need..

Registered
Damn, didn't know that.. its paid and sent from seller already.. Oh well...
Trying to find the connectors, however the shipping is killing the deal. $14 parts, $97 shipping from US to me in Sweden.. thinking about buying cheap from China and scrap what I don't need..
Buy Triumph part: T2500676

It is the connectors and a great chunk of huge gauge wire...

Registered
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Buy Triumph part: T2500676

It is the connectors and a great chunk of huge gauge wire...
I have been looking at that one. Same thing.. price in Sweden is almost $55. Plus postage.. its insane.. anyone willing to buy and send me one if that's cheaper? 馃槂

Found on boonstraparts for $25 with shipping.. it's a buy! 馃馃徎

Registered
I have been looking at that one. Same thing.. price in Sweden is almost $55. Plus postage.. its insane.. anyone willing to buy and send me one if that's cheaper? 馃槂

Found on boonstraparts for $25 with shipping.. it's a buy! 馃馃徎
I have no problem shipping one to you, but our shipping rates with covid are crazy. I just sent something small to Wales and it was insane. I can order and see the cost to ship.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks @Six5 , I really appreciate it! However, I bought the part I found for 鈧26 incl shipping! So now I'm all set! 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter #10

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
@Six5 and @rxf610
What fuse do i need to use for the shindegen FH020AA? Is it 30A or 50A? I have read both in various places on the internet, so now i am not sure.. :unsure:

And I promise i will give credit to the right person this time.. :LOL:

Registered
30 is plenty. That's what I have been running for years and never had it blow once.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14

Registered
@Six5 and @rxf610
What fuse do i need to use for the shindegen FH020AA? Is it 30A or 50A? ....
As Eliott says, the 30A fuse is the way to go.

Even though the FH020AA regulator can handle 50 amps, the TL charging system is only designed to handle 30A. So then, if a 30A fuse is blowing, there is a problem somewhere.
Logically then, a 40A or 50A fuse would allow excessive current to flow and not really "protect" the circuit as a fuse should.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
As Eliott says, the 30A fuse is the way to go.

Even though the FH020AA regulator can handle 50 amps, the TL charging system is only designed to handle 30A. So then, if a 30A fuse is blowing, there is a problem somewhere.
Logically then, a 40A or 50A fuse would allow excessive current to flow and not really "protect" the circuit as a fuse should.
Aha, then I also understand why the 30A is used. Think I put a 30A when I did the charging mod the last time I owned the bike, so I can use that one! 馃憤馃徎
Hopefully the R/R and the harness arrives tomorrow or Friday, then I will install it this weekend and post the difference.. 馃馃徎

1 - 16 of 16 Posts