TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded some work out for a Vinyl Wrapping place and i'm thinking about having them wrap my TL. Can anyone think of good schemes? They can print on the vinyl so it could literally be anything. I could have my face on the side (not that i want to devalue my bike). I just need some ideas.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
R

·
Registered
326 Posts
Go for the Bomber Nose skins! :devious
Or the P-51 Mustang, Always a classic :devious

How much are they charging anyways:confused

·
Registered
814 Posts
i saw a rr bike vynyl wrapped it didnt look good too many seams, to many creases.... but if you can get it done right.. gl. i always wanted a wasp looking paintjob.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go for the Bomber Nose skins! :devious
Or the P-51 Mustang, Always a classic :devious

How much are they charging anyways:confused
Thats kinda what I was thinking - a bomber type scheme. Yes, its an R. Not sure on the cost. I built their website for them in trade.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hell yea...I work at a vinyl shop and we just got our stuff up and running to start wraps...done some small stuff and tail gates...just got get some templates and software....let me know how much and what it looks like...we got the seams thing down...doing helmets is the tricky part...keep in touch im really want to know how this works out...any repeated patterns helps out with the layout bc it not as hard to get everything centered...it can be done but make the finished product looking better

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Dang, I've searched all over and can't find the Bostrom replica that Fabri-Tech did a while back in all vinyl. It was pretty dang sweet and you'd swear it was paint.

·
Registered
442 Posts
yea man the resolution that the printers cant put out our amazing.....they have vinyl now that is used instead of paintl...looks like it has clear coat on it and last much longer

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Actually, that was the amazing thing about Jim's bike. He cut all the colors individually and spent hours applying them around the curves of the bike. No seams, no lines, no bubbles. It was pretty sweet.

But I know what your talking about with the printing. Big stuff in the dirt bike and SM world. I never could find a set that looked good on the DRZ for me to do it though. And a custom set was way too expensive.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i would like to do a scrap set of plastics to play around with cause its all free for me so i could waste a lot of material and not worry about the cost..and we have a 54" Roland and 54" laminator so it makes doing motorcyles/jetski's/4wheelers cake..just not a market around here for it..we just did my boss's tailgate though in a Texas Tech theme....Go Red Raiders...woop woop...anyways...i just need to let go and do the gixxer....u can do some amazing things....check out 360wraps.com or Bad Wrap thats in Tulsa OK...that would be badass if we could do a group buy on some wraps...

·
Registered
442 Posts
check this out...
here is our fist adventure into it...let me know what u think

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
We are actually doing my dealership parts/customer shuttle Chevy HHR Panel next week....well our local company is....I talked to the owner of the Wrap co. and he said to do a Half HHR is about 1800 and to do a full wrap which last about 5 years is about $3000 but his own HHR is unbelievable...here is their website...check them out

http://www.accentwraps.com/fullwrap.html

His HHR is the one with the Tie Dye Peace Symbol on the hood and the Hawaii Ocean theme down the side...look around you'll find it....he also said with this new 3M wrap he has now you could actually wrap a door key and would never wrinkle the wrap material....I was thinking about getting him to do a bike too

·
Registered
442 Posts
lol....i like that...is it yours

1 - 16 of 16 Posts