TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG, its been the worst fkn january and new year ive known. 3 mates dead and me posting heaps, .....anyway who knows what avenue i might have...

travelling home today in 7 hundred and fkn 80 degrees , officially have burns to inside of me legs...lol..but anyway, im going up a hill , its a wide open area, no traffic, and hot..i hit the power, i get up to 126 klm in an 80 zone, as i get to the top of the hill to slow down, the cops coming other way hits me with his mobile radar and then chases me down and pulls me over.
$402 buck fine and loss of licence for 6 months...starts at the end of february.
hot, my excuse was i was hot and getting some air into me and my legs were burning, ( not to the cop, just to me ) it is a valid excuse, but not an excuse to be speeding and first time ever been pulled on the bike.

I have no transport to get to work (public) , and the missus takes her car the other way...so unless i get a job next door, im truly rooted. Is there someone you can approach to dispute, its a long shot and im always for the cops throwing the book at guys being idiots, ???,,anything...or am i done!
guess the oakley road trip is out now!! :banghead

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
OMG, its been the worst fkn january and new year ive known. 3 mates dead and me posting heaps, .....anyway who knows what avenue i might have...

travelling home today in 7 hundred and fkn 80 degrees , officially have burns to inside of me legs...lol..but anyway, im going up a hill , its a wide open area, no traffic, and hot..i hit the power, i get up to 126 klm in an 80 zone, as i get to the top of the hill to slow down, the cops coming other way hits me with his mobile radar and then chases me down and pulls me over.
$402 buck fine and loss of licence for 6 months...starts at the end of february.
hot, my excuse was i was hot and getting some air into me and my legs were burning, ( not to the cop, just to me ) it is a valid excuse, but not an excuse to be speeding and first time ever been pulled on the bike.

I have no transport to get to work (public) , and the missus takes her car the other way...so unless i get a job next door, im truly rooted. Is there someone you can approach to dispute, its a long shot and im always for the cops throwing the book at guys being idiots, ???,,anything...or am i done!
guess the oakley road trip is out now!! :banghead
You can go to court and ask for your licence to go to work, if you can show it affects your livelyhood They will put curfews etc on you and you only get like 1 point for 12 months or something. Problem is, 1 point is VERY easy to lose and if you lose it they ass rape you :rant

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
:doh Damn, that sucks.

:dunno I don't know. I used to hear rumours of a restricted daylight license that you could use only to get to work and back with, during daylight hours only (6:00pm curfew etc) I never tried for one though, and it might have been an urban myth.

Where do you have to get to and from? No one at work can help? Pushy to their place and pool?

I have heard of cops hiding near fresh license losers and pinching them on the way to work etc. :crazy

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ride from mooroolbark to hallam which is all back ways, no public at all..
ive herd of the curfews as well.....silly me and deserve it......will try to figure something out...

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
In qld the license and points are not affected till u pay the fine. if you don't pay they set a date for a court appearance, you can then contest it , or just go to court and plead guilty and apologise to the court and ask for the fine to be held at the same amount( they can increase it) I used this technique a few times in my earlier life because if I was low on points I'd be hanging out to get some back before losing more.

Its a good strategy for delaying the inevitable, I have heard of day licenses being issued in Qld they generally double the suspension period and close u down to to and from work..

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
They've changed it a little now Stu.
The effective date of the points loss is the day of the offence once paid.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Thats 46 over the limit here in nsw they could have taken your bike from you,
Yes you may be able to get a 1 point deal, but if you loose that 1 point the court may require you after you have had say the licence for 6 months to do the full disqualifacation period from the day you lost that 1 point.

choice 1 do the time of the road start with fresh points.
choice 2 take the 1 point play safe earn your points back over time, or loose that point n do the origional 6 months on top loss of licence.

tough call either way mate n guess we wont see you with us on the oxley :(

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
That really sucks. Hope something works out transport wise. I'd offer a lift but I'm on the other side of town and going further out west for work.

...3 mates dead and me posting heaps, .....anyway who knows what avenue i might have...
:O Maybe in a way this a good thing. We like having you around :)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
How far is the commute. It could be time to get the pushbike out and get fit. Its a nightmare at first ,ariving at work a heaving sweaty mess but you soon get used to the miles.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
mate, bad run indeed, there but for the grace of god ... I don't know Vic traffic law, but I'll dig around when I can and see if you have any avenues to keep the licence ... but I don't hold out much hope. We'll have a beer for you in Walcha.

·
Registered
887 Posts
A mate of mine (works with me) has just gone through court for hoon legislation. He got done doing a burnout in his car and speeding over 25 over from memory. They took it off him for 48 hours.

My boss wrote a letter saying that he was a valued employee and needed his licence to drive the company vehicles. He stood up in court and sincerly apologised.
The magistrate fined him $500 with no conviction and no loss of license.

I would try similar you have nothing to lose as you are already gone if you do nothing.

Cheers Matt

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ceratinly will be doing that ......... going to be a great year i can see it..maybe im the ox!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you try to insure your bike after being a disqualified driver, your butt cheeks will be parted and you will cop a right doing over by any insurance company.

A mate just bought an R6 off a dude who lost his license for 6 months and was quoted $4k to re-insure it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
thats bad luck moyston. i just heard the other day cops have got 4 new unmarked bikes doing the rounds. their cracking down on bikes at the moment.
good luck!

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Bad luck ... I thought VicRoads would have taken your bike, your house and your first born child unto the third and fourth generation :laugh

46 over here would be 80,000yen fine and 30 day suspension, shortened to 1 day if you do a safety driving course that costs 25,000yen. Thats what, about US$1200 now? :banghead

I've heard a rumour that if you get nailed doing more than 50kph over a limit you have to have a psych test before you get your license back :laugh

Sorry to hear about your friends too, of course :(

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
moist1, this link may help (to depress) you

http:http://trafficlaw.com.au/speeding.fines.html

don't know if its right or wrong.

if its anything like nsw, your best bet may be to find out who are the lawyers who appear regularly before the magistrate who sits at the court where you matter will be dealt with, and get them to represent you. magistrates are often more lenient when the person up before them has a lawyer who is well known to them, not gteed to work of course.

hope you are all ok down there sitting in the dark, the heat and the smoke ...

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Damn! Doesn't look good.

Q. I was pulled over doing 137kph on the Hume Fwy. It was just a short burst as I passed a semi. It is my first offence since I got my licence in 1972. I drive a fire truck for a living. Without a licence I won't be able to work or pay the mortgage or the kids' school fees. I also drive to look after my disabled daughter. My wife is on chemo and can't drive. The only reason I was speeding was because I was late getting to Government House to receive my Order of Australia medal from the Governor General. Will the court take any of this into account and let me keep my licence or reduce the suspension period?

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh yer, im fine...its so hot you cant even get pissed drinking 12 cans so far, you just sweat it out!!!

ill be ringing one of the the lawyers you found for me mate, goodo!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts