TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me out vic boys, wife want to move down to beulah in south west victoria closer to her parents and for the carefree country life. I can sell up here and buy a house cash down there but I don't know anything of the area . Most important is there any good riding there second is there much work for a hydraulic fitter. The idea of being debt free is attractive maybe even start my own business there as I have my own business here in newcastle. Instead of working all the time I could slow down a bit. Semi retirement at 35 mmm decisions decisions.:confused

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Heaps of good roads in the south-east of the state, but as i've never ventured further west than geelong i can't really comment on that side!

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Beulah - That's not Sth West, getting very close to Nth West. In the middle of no-where. I used to go shooting at Rainbow many years ago, there was nothing out there. I can't see there being a lot of work out there either :dunno Maybe hydraulics on farm equipment.

But for riding, bugger all. Head south to the Grampians :dunno

·
Registered
321 Posts
Beulah - That's not Sth West, getting very close to Nth West. In the middle of no-where. I used to go shooting at Rainbow many years ago, there was nothing out there. I can't see there being a lot of work out there either :dunno Maybe hydraulics on farm equipment.

But for riding, bugger all. Head south to the Grampians :dunno
That's about it, good sort of country for going fast in a straight line, although there are reports from time to time about speedsters getting done out in the middle of nowhere.
Ccropping hasn't done too well around there for some time, and I doubt that there would even be much tractor work being done.
Was talking to the regional Case \International, fixit man for the central Gippsland region (East Vic.) last week; there are irrigated dairy farms in the locality, there is a bit of cropping, hay and silage making. He was in town buying plumbing fittings to do a bit of work around his house. His workshop usually has about 5 tractors in it at this time of year, and presently it is empty.
Perhaps you should investigate it more closely before making any big decisions.
The drought, which I prefer to call changing conditions is causing significant reprecussions. Hmmm:confused watch this space

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers lads I'm not to keen on the Idea myself I thought that it was in the middle of nowhere I 'll have to stamp my feet on this one and stay in newcastle for now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
With the off-shore work in Bass Strait that goes on in this locality (Sale), there seems to be hydraulic type work on offer from time to time. There are several small businesses in Sale specializing in it.
If you like bends; E. Gippsland is about as good as it gets in Aus. for riding.
However, it's still a fair trip across to Beulah though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts