TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal to have a vibration on the handles if you changed the bar ends. Used to the standard barends but changed it with nice aluminium ones. Much lighter but doesn't seem to be a good idea:confused
Is this normal?

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Welcome :thumbup

I found a difference also when going from stock to alloy ends.Those weights underneath the top triple clamp seem to work also.
One thing i found was the damping in the forks has a big effect on hand numbness,to hard and numb in no time.
I still have the alloy bar ends but refined damping settings have made it fairly vibe free.

I wonder if the TLR is different having hollow clip on's verses the TLS's solid ones.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
:stupid, :stupid, :stupid.

You will find the vibrations will not be all that bad once you get the proper springs installed in the forks, set your front rider's sag around the 34mm range, get fresh fork oil in there & set your comp & rebound damping to reasonable levels. I have run my TLS hard on a track where you get right around 160 mph at about 9,000 RPM in top gear & the vibration from the bars wasn't all that bad without any weights on the bar ends or wedged under the upper triple clamp.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Definitely the engine. But at high speeds it seems like there is a bit of resonation from everything and you will find that some things cancel other things out.

WELCOME by the way!

:cheers

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Suspension settings affect engine vibs in the bars:dowhat That's news to me. My bars have always been way more buzzy than I like - perhaps its time for some suspension work:O

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
that actually sound reasonable. I have never noticed any difference between bar ends, but had my suspension done 5 years ago...that might be it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I run dirt bike grips on mine as i cannot stand bar ends. I've no vibration problems at all; even with TLR pistons in the block.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts