TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems simple enough, but the bolts don't go into the holes in the motor enough for the threads to catch. There seems to be some kind of "spacers" from the stock cover in the bolt holes but they don't appear to come out. Am I just stupid or what? :O

·
Registered
992 Posts
2things, did you get a cover thats made for the S? They are different, R/S mount differently. Yes, all stock spacers are removed with cover and Van has supplied you with new bolts and spacers, if you bought it from him.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's an S cover, how do the stock spacers on the motor come out? Do they unscrew or just pull out? I didn't want to break anything.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Mine were in the stock cover when I took it out. Yours should too. Wonder if you have right size bolts. Lenght? Measure total length, I'll look at mine.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My spacers are definately on the motor. I tried twisting and pulling on them but they wont budge. I'm going out to the garage and try again.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Top bolt is 100mm long, spacer 75mm, bottom bolt is 50mm long, spacer25mm. Make sure you have them in the right hole too. (always helps if your in the right hole hehe) The top bolt hole has another close to it but wont line up properly.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, here ya goyou can see spacers in my cover.
My bolts and spacers are the same size but the stock spacers that are on your stock cover are the same ones that are stuck in the holes on my motor.
I got some vice grips on them and got them to spin but they just wont pull out. Ideas anyone:O

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help wilee, got to run some errands,I'll try to pull them sons of bitches out again later :banghead

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Lots of WD-40 and patience.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
:doug

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
Did you see how smooth they were, steel bushing, no shoulder, just dirty.

I had the stomach since Sunday, so I had very little time here this week.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you see how smooth they were, steel bushing, no shoulder, just dirty.

Yes I did. They were stuck in there pretty good though and when I tried to use vice grips to pull them out I think I squeezed them too much which bent them and wedged them in worse. Needle nose pliers and WD-40 took them right out though. Wish I would have done that in the first place: banghead

·
Registered
992 Posts
So is it mounted and done? Happy with it? I love mine. All of Vans work is top notch. Cant ever say enough good things about the guy either. Simply the best at what he does.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts