TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doin thermo mod, i removed vacuum hoses.

The hose with bolt was allready done, one with the zip tie i did. (front injector)

Have i stuffed up or is this correct :O

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Where did it go?

One of the front lines would have been for the flapper. The other would have had a 1mm restrictor in it and 'T' into a line from the rear with a 1mm restrictor in it and then goes from the T to the rail fuel pressure regulator with another restrictor in it.

All the lines and connections are in the manual.

Here's a basic overview. Click for a big one.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats whay i cant work out.

I did the flapper mod last week and it looks like the previous owner has blocked a line allready (with bolt) without pulling the flapper :O

Back to the drawing i go :banghead

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Find the other end of it.

I think I can see the rail regulator line still attached.

(Make sure the rear throttle body has two lines on it, one to the T for the regulator, one for the IAP sensor).

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OK, got it back to the way i found it.

Thanks Steve for the info.

Edit...

Worked it out.

Got mixed up with FI (#1) & FI (#2)

Above pics is the other way around in this pic ....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Find the other end of it.

I think I can see the rail regulator line still attached.

(Make sure the rear throttle body has two lines on it, one to the T for the regulator, one for the IAP sensor).
So does the front or rear have the IAP sensor??

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
:confused The flapper diagram has them arse about I think. (But the diagrams are opposite each other :crazy)

I thought the flapper and regulator came off the front, and the IAP and regulator came off the rear :dunno

Need to consult the routing diagram at the back of the manual. It'll show the physical locations of the lines.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I can't find it in the manual. I think I've got it wrong now and I could see the line I had blocked off for the flapper valve and it was off the rear TB.

That line you blocked, where did it go? What was on the other end?

:edit Again. The rear TB has the flapper line and a fuel regulator line off it looking at some old pics of my bike. And the TPS is on the rear TB #2 so they have them arse about in the diagram I posted. The IAS comes off the front throttle body.

Click for a big one

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
The airbox flapper is connected to the rear TB and can be removed and blocked.
Here's a picture from my bike when I did the airbox mod and removed the flapper:

Schema to remove airbox flapper:

Then there is the PAIR system :devious This is connected to the front TB and can be removed and blocked as well.

Scheme:

The rest of the vacuum system is necessary.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I see they didn't fix the vacuum diagram for your's either. The rear TB is labelled as #1 not #2

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Nicely done too :thumbup

·
Registered
349 Posts
Is the set up different on a R? I want to make sure I didn't go overboard as I am in the middle of doing ths mod. I have already removed the PAIR system and the charcoal canister(CA) bike. I recall seeing a schematic that showed everything you could remove but I cannot seem to find it.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Th' Rrrrrrrrr be different.

Click fer a big one.

·
Registered
722 Posts
So does the flapper provide any help in any state of tune or does removing it improve performance across the board?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Ideally you'd want to go the whole hog and modify the bottom of the tower if you're pulling the flapper out of an S. (IMO)

I'm not sure what the gains would be by simply just removing the flap :dunno

1 - 18 of 18 Posts