TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we run 190/50 tyres but will a 190/55 fit OK ? .. Just wondering if it will catch on my rear hugger or anything else.

I assume the 55 means its 5mm bigger than the 50 profile :dunno

Cheers !

:hail TLR's

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Lots of folks running the 190/55, most report that it fits under their huggers, but some have had clearance issues IIRC. It will typically make turn in a bit quicker do to raising the rear of the bike and a more pointy profile.

The 190 means 190mm section width and the 50 or 55 means the height is 50% or 55% of the section width...

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
A 190/55 wouldn't fit under my hugger. (GCC - TLS)

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Micky was running a 55 section on our rideout we did Mark, we all gasped in amazement how close his hugger was to his tyre, I reckon one small stone and the hugger would have been history

·
Registered
127 Posts
Micky was running a 55 section on our rideout we did Mark, we all gasped in amazement how close his hugger was to his tyre, I reckon one small stone and the hugger would have been history
That's what happened to my mine with a 180/55. It cut a hole in the top of the hugger.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
micky's is close but mine has loads of clearance so it depends on the make of hugger:O

in fact mine has enough room for tyre warmers and sodden gloves!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
It depends on the hugger. In my case it didn't fit at all.
The 190/55 has about 1cm more radius.

Greetings
Rufer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts