TLZone Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the LEO checked the wrong box on my ticket so I went to the wrong courthouse. Once I realized this I walked to the correct courthouse about two blocks. A bit painful considering I was not expecting to have to walk.

It was not too bad as my condition is improved and I now walk with out crutches applying most of my weight on my left leg.

The Iliac Crest is healing up normally and I do not need surgery but I still have daily pain in the thigh of the left leg from the impact of the accident.

Back on topic,

I arrived to the courthouse to state my plea but they had already called my name. Just my luck the judge had three wheelie charges on the same day. Since I was late, my name had already been called. I learned the charge was reduced to improper control and the fine was $156.00. I could have asked for another court date because the summons was marked wrong but decided I’d take it and move on. This is three points on my record and the wreck less would have been six. I think this will stay on my record for six years so I'll likely go to driving school to get the three points removed.

All in all not too bad and beats hiring a lawyer for $1500.00

·
Registered
457 Posts
So if you get a number of points do you loose your licence over there?
once we had over 9 points you normal get a ban over here.
Luckly on my last shunt the cops said as it was only my bike smashed up and me injured they would not take me to court over it.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Excellent. "Improper control" and $156 fine sounds a helluva lot better than reckless operation. That is a serious offense.

Do they have traffic school there? Maybe it is something you can knock off your record.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That's great dell:thumbup

·
Registered
671 Posts
Excellent. "Improper control" and $156 fine sounds a helluva lot better than reckless operation. That is a serious offense.

infraction vs. misdemeanor: yep that sounds pretty good to me.:) good call not getting an attorney.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Not knowing how your legal system works, I'd say that sounds like a good result in a way :)

Perhaps your luck is changing eh :O

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not hear what the LEO stated because I was late getting to the correct courthouse. A guy whom I've seen ride and I have rode with before laugh when he saw me walk in. He whispered “wheelie”…I nodded my head and he said they had three of them. I move and sit beside him, and mentioned I was maybe a foot off the ground at best. He said the officer stated I was three foot off the ground and continued to ride it down West Main Street in heavy traffic. I had to :laugh

Right then I decided to take the improper control and move on. The LEO had another LEO, a woman, riding around with him so I figured no point in rescheduling the court date.

I don't know the point system but yeah if you get enough of them you can lose your license in the commonwealth. My insurance will go up but insurance has always been a rip-off to me anyways.

I'll get a copy of my driving record soon and see where I stand. Driving school will remove three points IIRC.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Good result. Sucks about the wrong courthouse deal, but looks like the whole thing sorted itself out without you even having to show up. Score.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
lucky bastard

·
Registered
433 Posts
wow, you are lucky :)

glad to hear the good news

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Del IIRC i believe driving school takes 4 points off...and tickets like that drop off after 3 years from the offense.. i have a speeding in spotsy and a reckless in madison im waiting to fall off come spring time :)
and driving school sucks 8hrs long watching dumb ass flims and answering stupid questions :banghead

Glad to see ur doing well how is the new tv??

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I understand you del..... I lose my driving licence for a month . I was lucky cos it happened before the Spanish Government introduce the licence points

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Well, you could have lucked out or it could suck for you about the wrong checkbox thing. You might have had the opportunity to plead your case and might have gotten off ligher. Or, depending on how hotheaded you are you could have had the opportunity to make it worse. Doesn't sound too bad this way though.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Sound like a good deal to me :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Not bad Del, if I was in your shoes I would have been in jail failure to appear, but thats just me...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts