TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patrick from Motorcycles unlimited told me to bring my bike back to him and that he would fix it. In the meantime, I did get a pre-owned fuel pump assembly off of Ebay, but I gave the bike to let Patrick check it out. First though, he checked out all electrical things, grounds, etc, said everything looks Ok, but having the fuel pump out, the tank was pretty rusty and the filter seemed original, so he highly suspects it. Fortunately it did act up on his mechanic (died abruptly)but started back up. Unfortunately there aren't any fuel filters locally and will be a week or so before it's here. Nonetheless, it's nice to hear something semi-positive to repair!

I'd like to get the filter and cut it open to see how contaminated it is.

so, maybe in a couple weeks I'll be bikeworthy once more and back on track (get it, back on track! you know, the race track )

So, now I have a spare fuel pump assembly; just what I needed! lol

I knew it was that all along! :laugh

Hope to see you guys soon!
dnee

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I know i could have done it myself, but most people were saying that it sounded more like an electrical problem than fuel. So, I let Patrick take care of the whole thing. What's another 340! lol That's searching out the entire electrical, time spent, and parts/labor. Kind of steep, but what do you do! The bike has been a losing proposition from the start, just hope I can get a little fun out of it!!
dnee'

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Denee, PM Josh TX, he needs a fuel pump I think. :devious

1 - 5 of 5 Posts