TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much to report, but since you guys were expecting an update today, here goes...

We haven't heard if the data is recoverable yet. The latest news is the borked drive has a physical failure (think scratch on a CD). So that's bad...

The recovery guys were fairly optimistic though (apparently this happens a lot?). We finally got quoted a price, which is strange...how do you charge someone if you don't know how much data you can recover? Bizzaro.

Anyways, it seems reasonable, but was on the high-side of their estimate (figures). Two good things come out of this: 1) I'm fairly certain my anitipated diet will end sometime in 2011, and 2) I've been trying to lose some weight, and this looks like the ticket. :p

A few people have been talking about passing around the hat to raise some money...I'm not really looking for help on the cost, after all at the end of the day it's my fault. That being said, if you want a paypal email, shoot me a PM. I've got a couple creative ideas (never a good thing) on how to raise some cash that involves some things we've should have done a while ago (can anyone say official 2011 TLZone t-shirts?!?!) that I think could help refill the coffers and offset some of the costs...stay tuned on that (leave feedback too please).

I've got a call tomorrow with the recovery folks, going to try and get some definitive answers (dlloyd has been handling most of the technical stuff with them, I've been getting the dumbed down version...and he really has to dumb it down for me to understand it :p )

Until tomorrow Zoners.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Cheers Jensen :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
If your going to do some to shirts,hoodies stickers etc to raise some cash up I'd be interested as I missed out on the last lot! be good to get the information back up on the site as I'd got my eye on a few of the mods in the frequent mods section to do this winter! so if that was recoverable it'd be good!;)

·
Moderator,
8,227 Posts
So, you think you can dumb it down enough for me to understand it? :lol

·
Registered
450 Posts
Physical failure? Isn't that good for recovery purposes? I'm a paper pusher, so I have no computer skills, but having talked about this with my Greater Electronically Endowed Kamrades (GEEK) friends I seem to recall something of the like.

Or I'm just a born optimist.. :blush

·
Registered
6,760 Posts

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
count me in if there's going to be any tlzone items, so we can all spread the gospel according to the zone!!!!!

would we be wanting all this info recovered if we all owned cbr600's i think not,
the tl is something special like their owners, but i've been told there's medication i can take ;)
our bikes need preserving and bringing into the 21st century

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
I'm happy to pay back into this, because I've got so much out of it

If you need monetary help with this, let me know :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thanks crash! This place naturally overflows with good information, so it will bounce back even if a full recovery is not possible. How about the look and feel? I know the site will quicken when things stabilize, but are you planning on getting to the original appearance of the site? Maybe it's been mentioned elsewhere. I don't think now is a good time to change the look. Gotta make this place feel like home again, you know?

·
Registered
453 Posts
count me in if there's going to be any tlzone items, so we can all spread the gospel according to the zone!!!!!
I'm with gaztl1000r on this one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts