TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no children of my own (none that I know of at least *knocks on wood*), but i can't help but relate to the scenes you see in movies set back in the 60's and 70's were a father waits outside of the delivery room to hear if his new baby boy or girl has arrived.

What's all the screaming? What's going on in there?!? Every now and then someone pops their head out and asks a question like, "Have you traveled out of the country recently?" WTF does that mean? Are you asking me that because something bad is happening?

Yes. I think I'm losing it, but today I've gotten voicemails and emails from the hard drive recovery service asking me questions that are too non sequitor for me to gauge how their progress is coming along.

"Can we contact you after business hours?" -- Yes, you can wake me up with an ice bath at 3am, as long as you say you found our database.

"We discovered this drive is ****ed" -- Yes, that's why I sent it to you.

"These drives seem to be intact, but how long was this other drive being used?" -- Intact is good, right?

Aggggghhhhh!!! In other news, the server seems to be liking the heavy caching we're doing.

I need a drink.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That's good I think :confused

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
have they tried kicking it?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Throwing it might help. Sometimes I throw my cell phone to the ground, then it works :)

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Throwing it might help. Sometimes I throw my cell phone to the ground, then it works :)
you don't own a htc then :laugh i dropped my first htc hero $700aud gone :(

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Jensen - a suggestion in case we can actually restore the old db. That would mean that anything put on TLZone since the crash will be gone.

Could you, a day or two before a restoration of the old TLZ, send out emails or something notifying everybody that this will take place, so we can take backups ourselves of PMs and such created in the "new" TLZ?

I already have some trading PM conversations that I'd hate to lose...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Jensen - a suggestion in case we can actually restore the old db. That would mean that anything put on TLZone since the crash will be gone.

Could you, a day or two before a restoration of the old TLZ, send out emails or something notifying everybody that this will take place, so we can take backups ourselves of PMs and such created in the "new" TLZ?

+1........

·
Registered
935 Posts
Pouring a biiiig Strathisla 1963 Single Malt for Jensen (and one for myself, we wouldn't want him to drink alone now, would we :-D)

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I have fixed a TV and a VCR by throwing them at bed, which was a mattress on the floor at the time. Oh the times I wished I could get my bikes up the stairs.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Nah; that's not good news. In lamen terms, it means you're screwed... We will charge you lot's, that is.. if you can afford it, and the cost meets the means.

For instance, at "Ontrack" it's thousands of $$$$ for recovery of a Dr's data on a single drive. I can't imagine what they will toss at you. I bet it will be higher than 3K but I hope not.

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

will do. it's things like PM's that are going to be a bitch.

Now what I'm willing to do is trying and match up users new accounts with their old ones. It'll add hours to the process, but I think it's worth it at this point. The downside is people who signed up for a new account under a new name will be SOL...but I think they can claim the account after the fact...i think.

Either way an email will go out about it.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Any update from the data recovery peeps ? Any positive news.........

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Any update from the data recovery peeps ? Any positive news.........

writing an update right now...gimme a couple minutes.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
will do. it's things like PM's that are going to be a bitch.

Now what I'm willing to do is trying and match up users new accounts with their old ones. It'll add hours to the process, but I think it's worth it at this point. The downside is people who signed up for a new account under a new name will be SOL...but I think they can claim the account after the fact...i think.

Either way an email will go out about it.
Hopefully this thread can help somewhat if people use it.
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php/76-What-s-your-name-now-Usernames

1 - 17 of 17 Posts