TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People,

Just wanted to put the word out brittls and myself are planning a motorcycle trip from Manchester up to the Scottish Highlands in the middle of next year.
The idea's to cut the trip up in dayruns. We will stay in Bed and Breakfasts every day to use them as Homebases.
It's still in the constructionfase but it will definatly take place.
We were thinking of a 1 week tour in total.
Shpuld be cool if we could get as many as possible of us TLriders in.
If you're interested in joining us and you've got suggestions, etc please PM me or brittls.

Greets Thomas

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Talked to alex4dana on the cell last night and he and ben davis like the idea of going on this trip. So that should be 5 allready.:devious:devious

·
Registered
191 Posts
keep me posted on when this is happening - might make my own trek from here and meet ye in Scotland for the few days.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Talked to alex4dana on the cell last night and he and ben davis like the idea of going on this trip. So that should be 5 allready.:devious:devious
:) Do we have a new member

You say 07-08 would that be July or August if so I would love to tag along , cheers :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the plan. July or August. Depends on weather, ferryprices from Rotterdam to Hull, hollydays, etc...
Can I make you number 6 then?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
List of interest for the trip.

1. Brittls
2. Momo
3. Alex4dana
4. ben davis
5. daveC
6. Micky
7. Spoonman ( joins in Scotland? )
8. Ben Curtis

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
im up for that!!

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:) Getting leave from work for those dates would be difficult , a more specific date would be help full then I/we could book the time off :) could I ask do you know Scotland well have you seen some route's that you would like to ride :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At this moment I'm planning the trip with Google Earth and Maps, checking the pricedifferences for the ferry and the accomodations on the route for july and august. If you could give me a couple of days to sort it all out I can give you the exact dates.

If there are guys out there who've got some cool routes they want to ride or heve done, I'm open for suggestions.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:) Momo no rush mate there's still 8/9 months to go , and yes there are some route's that are worth doing that have been tested :laugh:laugh:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not rushing it but I just want to give you all the exact dates as soon as possible so you can all get off from work during that period.
This post's not even on the Zone for 2 days and we allready got 9 people if you count in my brother as well. This is awsome, guys

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:)Momo there may be 9 interested which is a really good start but for one reason or another there will be people dropping out :)

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
i'll play this one by ear and keep an eye on the discussions....

dont put me down but i my tag along ;)

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:) Momo one thing is very important :) can you play the "Bag Pipes" it's no use going to Scotland and not playing a few tunes on the pipes :laugh:laugh:)

1 - 20 of 190 Posts