TLZone Forums banner

1161 - 1180 of 1190 Posts

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
JNTning - Maidstone Kent, Hello to all
Hello matey, you're on the map :thumbup

You're now the other guy in Maidstone, Kent....I go there occasionally, might have even seen you! I'm on a blackbird now, for my sins :(

·
Registered
3,906 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Congrats! :thumbup

And now living in Salfords, Surrey.
Cheers fella :)

Ahh, do you know, I can't find you on the map to relocate ya? Did you change your username?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Maybe I was just never on there...... Always used the same username.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts

·
Registered
3,906 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, just picked up an old dog of an TL1000SV a coulpe of days ago. Loving it! But lots to sort before doing some touring.

I'm located in Lincoln.

Bikerchris, how do we find other local riders or have access to that map? Cheers, Tanuki

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Hey, just picked up an old dog of an TL1000SV a coulpe of days ago. Loving it! But lots to sort before doing some touring.

I'm located in Lincoln.

Bikerchris, how do we find other local riders or have access to that map? Cheers, Tanuki
Hey Tanuki, glad you're liking the bike - you need to do plenty of prep before touring though!!!

you're on the Map mate :thumbup A link to it is in my signature, just need to click where it says "UK & EUROPEAN RIDER LOCATOR" in red :)

Keep the rubber side down! :devious

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Tanuki, glad you're liking the bike - you need to do plenty of prep before touring though!!!

you're on the Map mate :thumbup A link to it is in my signature, just need to click where it says "UK & EUROPEAN RIDER LOCATOR" in red :)

Keep the rubber side down! :devious
Cheers Chris, got some comfort mods to do + sort the, seemingly common, weephole coolant leak issue (it's quite bad...).

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Cheers Chris, got some comfort mods to do + sort the, seemingly common, weephole coolant leak issue (it's quite bad...).
Ya welcome mate, good luck with the comfort mods....ahhh, not the coolant leak issue, doh! Hopefully you've already found the fix on here?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya welcome mate, good luck with the comfort mods....ahhh, not the coolant leak issue, doh! Hopefully you've already found the fix on here?
Yep, sort of. I've been doing it this weekend and the impellor shaft is quite pitted so taking my time and sanding that down. Hopefully, I can find a sticky thread with a step by step of the impellor seal change.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Yep, sort of. I've been doing it this weekend and the impellor shaft is quite pitted so taking my time and sanding that down. Hopefully, I can find a sticky thread with a step by step of the impellor seal change.
Wow, that's bad with the pitted impeller shaft, I don't recall having that version! :-/

I found this on another website, might be helpful?

Water pump seal : In 2006 my water pump seal began leaking (hey 9 years is not bad) When I took it apart, I found a lot of corrosion on the impeller shaft. I got a new water pump seal- be sure to order the rubber oil seal as well, it does not come along with the water pump seal- and carefully drove out the old one. I used a socket as a driver and tapped in the new seal. I used steel wool with rust remover, then ran #400 wet/dry sandpaper on the impeller shaft to clean it up. Bearing houses can not obtain an oil seal that is the same goofy thickness as the TL seal- so be sure to order from your suzuki dealer. I put a bit of grease in the bushing of the impeller seal. The dry, corroded look the impeller shaft had was alarming- probably from running water too often at trackdays. I would recommend engine ice or something with GOOD lubrication properties if you do not run conventional antifreeze

Source: http://www.tl1000s.info/Randys_TL1000S_Site/Top_Tips.html

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi all.

Can u add me to the map please - Widnes in Cheshire

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, that's bad with the pitted impeller shaft, I don't recall having that version! :-/

I found this on another website, might be helpful?

Water pump seal : In 2006 my water pump seal began leaking (hey 9 years is not bad) When I took it apart, I found a lot of corrosion on the impeller shaft. I got a new water pump seal- be sure to order the rubber oil seal as well, it does not come along with the water pump seal- and carefully drove out the old one. I used a socket as a driver and tapped in the new seal. I used steel wool with rust remover, then ran #400 wet/dry sandpaper on the impeller shaft to clean it up. Bearing houses can not obtain an oil seal that is the same goofy thickness as the TL seal- so be sure to order from your suzuki dealer. I put a bit of grease in the bushing of the impeller seal. The dry, corroded look the impeller shaft had was alarming- probably from running water too often at trackdays. I would recommend engine ice or something with GOOD lubrication properties if you do not run conventional antifreeze

Source: http://www.tl1000s.info/Randys_TL1000S_Site/Top_Tips.html
Thanks very much Chris, I took my time and did the job last weekend. Took it for a blast after and it seems to be holding up. Only time will tell :O

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a recent newcomer to the TLS, loving the bike but at 56 and after 20 Yrs off bikes, taking my time getting back into it. Nothing to prove, tried all that when I was a 'lad' (and survived by good luck more than by merit)
I'm in East Anglia, Littleport Nr Cambridge. Any other TL owners here about? Please will you add me to the map as well

1161 - 1180 of 1190 Posts