Ive been told to stay away from Michelin Pilot powers for some reason

Alright coments boys and girls
What should i run
I want them to last a season which will probley be 4000 - 5000 KLMs
Cheers Colin

#2 ·
Conti Road Attack

Continental Road Attack

The Continental Road Attack aims to give you the performance level of a sport tyre coupled with the mileage you get from a touring tyre – a good option if you are an all year round biker as this tyre will cope with all weathers and track conditions. The Road Attack was chosen as the recommended tyre to be used with BMW motorbikes and is reasonably priced. The tyre offers fantastic grip and stability in all conditions, and can stand to be ridden fairly aggressively if that is your riding style. We found that these Conti’s keep the rider aware of any unusual road surfaces to help you read the road better, which is something you will either love or hate about these tyres if you purchase them.
http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/contibike/

Response was excellent with the international riders including Gary McCoy managing to lap on average, a second faster than the previous years control tyre, the BT014............

#3 ·
Not from me, I love powers. The new 2ct is the latest and greatest.

#4 ·
Colin,

The Metzeler Sportec M1 I ran (not sure if they're the same these days) I got 2850km on it.

Metzeler MEZ3 2687km

I ran a set of Pirelli Diablo Corsa's they wore well, I took them off prematurely for a track day and ran with Super Corsa's I couldn't fault them, but I'd have to search to find out how many km I did on them. You could try them and see how you go. (How many kays of the SC now? they were fitted at 26266)

Didn't take a pic when I pulled the Diablo Corsa's off.

#6 ·
Well according to that then Steve the Super corsa's got 3086 KLm's out of them.
The last ride i did was just short of 500 KLM's and by the time i got back ( nearly didn't) they looked like this....:coocoo

Now i know you guys are gunna bash me on this but they actually wernt that bad before i left and didnt think we were going to be out as long for the day either.
Anyway there ****ed now so new hoops it is.

I gotta deal on Diablo's $500 fitted, i just got told the TL will eat the Pilots for breakfast, hence why im asking others opion's:O

#7 ·
..... Now i know you guys are gunna bash me on this but they actually wernt that bad before i left and didnt think we were going to be out as long for the day either .....
:laugh

Plenty here have headed out on OK tyres and got home with belts showing :yes

#8 ·
looking at Pilot Powers next........... the Metz M1's are alright..................

#11 ·
Same here, put a new set on this past spring and I love them. I think they are a perfect street tire, get up to temp quickly, good and sticky, and wear very well. I had Metz and the ride of the Powers are 100% better.

#14 ·
2000 miles so far, all street use, just winding mountain roads and still look fairly new. The back tire is showing more wear than the front, I guess from the hard shifts on occasion.

#13 ·
I've been running pilot powers for the track and I love them.

I would like to know who told you to stay away from the PP's and why.

#20 ·
Ive had too different tyre suppliers say the TL torque doesn't take to kindly to them and that they wouldn't last as long as a Corsa or Metzy?
One of them even sells them but HMmmmmmmm:dowhat
I'm askin you guys that are runnin them...
What milage you gettin from PP's

#15 ·
I have ran every tire in the book on the streets and the most impressive so far are the Sportec M3's. I just got them on, so I can't say anything about tread wear but so far so good.

#16 ·
Excellent mileage, subject to how and where you ride, but the best wearing tire for the bikes I have put them on. I work at a dealer and see and talk to a lot of users. Michelins are what I stock cause they work the best. No one I know has been disapointed .............

#17 ·
I've been super happy with my Avon AV45/56 tires. Got 20k miles out of the last set before seeing wear indicators (note I'm light, commute a lot and ride year round in an area that's quite cool half the year). Have ~4k on the current set and have used about 1-1.5mm of tread. They stick amazingly well and are better in the cold than anything I've tried thus far. I haven't tried the road attacks yet, but I'd guess they are similar:)

#22 ·
Add another 671 kms for today.
The rear is still good but there is some weird wear on the front.The outer groove has been worn away on one side.Not like a rounded corner but gone like an angle:dowhat..otherwise going well.
When I went to get some new rubber I was going to try the Conti's after your report Les but the tire guy wouldn't sell them to me. He said the the rear tire is brilliant and its made in Germany but the fronts are actually made in Korea and they delaminate and are shite. I know the guy and he says he'd love to sell more of the Conti's cause he gets more profit out of them but he just won't do it to people.

I ended up riding away with a new set of Pilot Powers and so far love the grip of them.

#24 ·
Yeah i tend to agree with you there but:O im just being told that.
Seems alot of you guys runnin PP though:confused
Come on Mileage??

#26 ·
Is it constant all the way around it or is it at each tread groove only. Might be just cupping or scalloping - if you're going to keep runing with the conti's you might have to experiment with pressure to see if you can minimise it.

Something like this? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/Steve_TLS/vtxcupping.jpg if you google tyre scalloping or cupping there's lots of info around, just need ot sort the shit)

#28 ·
Absolutely love PP's... not as much mileage as the old Sports but much better grip! The last set of sports i had, i got 7500kms out of the rear and the most from a Power rear was just under 4000kms

:hail powers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.