TLZone Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
cooks corner hosted a two stroke extravaganza meet complete with music. a group of 8 headed down there.

i rode my gf ginas 73 G5, saw 65 indicated once, overheated it twice and had to take a smoke break and let it cool off. rode the kawi 65 miles, came home with gina following in her honda at about 45 as it had gotten pretty hot out and i didnt want to kill it. its now got 845 miles on it. almost broken in according to her manual :deal :laugh

the G5 and my buddies al's 05 50cc scooter. this thing is fun. jim whored it a bit.

next came out jims friend james newly acquired 92 suzuki goose. very cool, 350 lbs, close to street legal :devious

powered by a dr350 with some mods :deal

most everyone had arrived for departure but it was super foggy so we continued to play with jim bikes :edit wake up his neighbors. next offense with the 69 honda 50cc four stroke racer complete with open megaphone. jimed lapped this then handed it off to me, i passed, the windows were still shaking at the last corner (three on match analogy anyone?).

the honda!

last whore before we went was this 78 schwinn.
it was also v loud :laugh

by now it was 8:30 and we headed off to PCH w a 76 RD400 with pipes, an 89?GSXR750, julie's 78 GS450 :inlove, the G5, a harley, the 50 scooter, what a f'n racket this warmup was :lol

pure sex

gina took a few pictures from the chase car

last picture before we lost the chase car for a while. PCH was super cold and foggy. ran that 100 on the stop for 10 miles at around 60 mph, full tuck trying to stay warm and keep with traffic. in retrospect, it would have prolly not liked that if not for the cold fog.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the group stops twice for me and waits for a few minutes on the 30 miles ride. the 100 is feeling the inland heat and finally i stop some 3 miles from the destination and give it a rest. she recovers nicely and i arrive in over geared style :) oh yeah!

jim finds a nice spot to park his lovely RD. ive ridden this. goose it and wheelie, period, instantly :wheelie

the four stroke folks stayed their distance :banana

so many RZ350s

couple of 69 kawasaki triples

loved this unit

some old english bikes

this was neat o and seems unrestored

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
nice bikes :drool

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Very cool! :hail I'm glad you decided to ride out, must have been a most excellent adventure on the 100:banana

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts

The green H2 750 belongs to my friend Ken - after riding it I concluded if Satan rides bikes, he has one of these in his collection. It has an evil sound and an evil power delivery :lol

Love that old Greeves. You had to be hard core to ride off road back then!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
An old enduro-racer buddy of mine said that the front of the Greeves went up a lot when you'd hit the front brake - so much so that the typical bump/log crossing technique was to hit the brake really hard, then let off right at the moment of impact as that would fully extend the suspension to make all of its (rather meager) travel available for bump absorption:laugh Quite the opposite of the current technique.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The green H2 750 belongs to my friend Ken - after riding it I concluded if Satan rides bikes, he has one of these in his collection. It has an evil sound and an evil power delivery :lol

Love that old Greeves. You had to be hard core to ride off road back then!
i saw ken there. love his 750. he mentioned that he recently bought an RD that is almost back together. bet that will be equally sharp.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Nice fotos of some awesome 2 bangers :hail

thanks for sharing John :thumbup

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
nice pics :)
i have a mate (use to work for laurie fox honda) in the sth east of oz that has a jack findlay TZ750 race bike in immaculate condition sitting in his lounge room :drool
he also was in the movie stone (ex mongrels rider) a quick flash showing him riding his bike.

·
5,503 Posts
I spoke with the H2 owner. According to him he cranked a fat wheelie in a howl of 2 stroke haze as he exited the proceedings.

Hopefully this is true, and the old boy can still get it up :lol

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Very cool pictures. I admit I don't miss the 2 stroke smell, though :laugh

Greetings
Rufer

·
5,503 Posts
Very cool pictures. I admit I don't miss the 2 stroke smell, though
There is nothing like the smell of burned Maxima 927 Castor oil in the morning. It smells like horsepower :hail

1 - 17 of 17 Posts