TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Felt like christmas today...havent bought anything for awhile but then these showed up today...first came the carbon screen...love it thanks speedking
Then came this...cant wait to get it on the old girl....

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
mike what did sting you for the damper

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was 217 pound plus 46 pound post mate.......then when it got here i had to pay the bloody GST :banghead i had forgotten about that....

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mike , are you retaining the original spring?
AT this stage i am...i really dont no alot about setting up suspension but i do know a guy that does...i got some advice from TLSDOUG so if when we install the damper and set up the suspension the guy says the oem one wont do then i will change it.....bugger..just reread your question...sorry....no not like the bitubo...i keep the spring.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
sorry i was editing while you were responding to my first comment.
same as ohlins set up ,very nice ,have seen your tls many times, was wondering when you were going to do the damper. sweet

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry i was editing while you were responding to my first comment.
same as ohlins set up ,very nice ,have seen your tls many times, was wondering when you were going to do the damper. sweet
:laugh The damper was one of the first things i was going to do....then i found this place and vandriver....tlrman.....rifleman etc and spent all my money on other stuff.......:banghead next on the list is a full system.....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry, but i don't understand how someone can install a screen where watching through is not possible? I mean, it is not a screen when it isn't transparent or? In Germany it is not allowed. Looks ok, but..

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
If your no large person I can understand you like a transparrent screen. Large people would really have to fold themselves to try and look through it.. well I do at least and I'm only 1,9m+

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
on my R, I'd have to put my chin way down on the tank to barely see through the screen, and I'm only 6'1''

·
Registered
782 Posts
I through it but I am only 5'8 and 160lbs. It looks great but my initial reaction was faltenhals' and then I remembered it doesn't matter if I can see through it :)

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
never used the screen to look thru on my s:dunno mike have you got a link to that screen ? I have bought stuff from speedking but cant find the link:banghead

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...here in Japan the cops would give you shit about a screen like that, that's why I'm waiting to test the DB carbon clear screen/trim on its way here from SK...

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Can you get a dark smoke screen with Carbon trim for a TLS anywhere?

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Those writing a law stating you have to have a transparent screen haven't ridden the TL. :coocoo I'm 5'7" and cannot try looking through it unless I plant my chin on the tank. Did it once on a TL several years ago when I tested it's top speed. I have a black screen now, and love it.

It's rather more secure since it blocks the sun from reaching the gauges. No reflecting light making them hard to read.

Love that bike of yours Mike. A real beauty and the CF screen looks great. :hail

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No issues over here with looking through screen....im 6ft and have never looked through it.....nissn1 have a look through the for sale forum and you will find the thread in there mate.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts