TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on, building, breaking down motorcycles for 30 years. I have had more than I can keep track off, some I miss, some good riddance. Finally had a chance to pick up a decent 1997 TL1000S project. Since then I have been trying to work out all the bugs. It runs/rides and is addicting. I'm taking my time and enjoying the experience. I have all ready found lots of useful info here and really appreciate it.

David

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
You're finding something new,
Some of us have been addicted for more than 20 years.
Welcome to the site :bigfinger.

·
Moderator,
8,217 Posts
What Six meant was :worthless

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I really hate the pipes on the S. They're way too low. Would look so much better with R setup. Anyone know if they can be converted? I'm guessing the mounting brackets are offset on the trellis frame.

IMG_1933.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,830 Posts
nah! don't like that double bend effect ------- this is much better................

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
nah! don't like that double bend effect ------- this is much better................

That setup is still an improvement over the stock offering. More inline with the R setup. Still... I wouldn't mind having that double bend for my R. I'd be willing to eliminate my passenger pegs for it.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Still indulging the uno frame fetish there Ted. :)

It certainly is a nice build but to my albeit very limited aesthetic sensibilities I prefer the other one because the alignment of the cans with the sub frame rails is slightly closer to parallel.

Although that is not say there are many who would kick the uno out of bed for farting....

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I really hate the pipes on the S. They're way too low. Would look so much better with R setup. Anyone know if they can be converted? I'm guessing the mounting brackets are offset on the trellis frame.

View attachment 60088
The full scorpion system on my red S comes with high level link pipes. Even higher than the pic Snowbound posted. I hated them up there and removed the high level links and put them in the standard position. So much better for me. They also interfered with the number plate and indicators and there was no chance of fitting the throwover panniers to it either.
Here they are. When Adria owned it of course. bouncer.jpg bouncer.jpg

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Errrrr, why do you need throwovers to wheelie up the hill at Cadwell?

·
Registered
5,675 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,830 Posts
Damn Ted, that’s a clean looking bike... fancy detailing mine for me? :laugh

you should see it atm, looks like I have been riding around a tank training range! ...................... do need to clean it - my most hated job.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts