TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Having spent last weekend in Cumbria , not on my bike this time heres a few pics of Mrs Micky and me up in the clouds :)

Here we are on top of "Pike o Blisco" in the Langdales

Funny thing is there is all ways some one else at the top willing to take a pic :O

Lake Windermere in the back ground :)

On the way back down into the Oxendale Valley :)

Back down in the Valley after a 6 hour trek up hill and down dale :)

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
nice scenery dude.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Nice Mickey... Its been years (15 or so) since ive been there....next summer mibbie.Are you a closet munro bagger?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
did something similar on sunday micky:)
went with richey and drunk dunc to Carn Ban near Aviemore. 940 meters at the summit and populated mainly by reindeer!
out of 5 1/2 hours we only spent anout 2 hours actually on the bikes, the rest we had to push because it was either too steep or un-rideable
20 minutes into the climb.....knackered!

an hour later looking down the same track

the view from our dinner spot (cowering behind rocks out of the howling wind..)

bit of 900m moorland

we're not lost, honest!

the reason for the whole ordeal: an hour of fast rocky decent the likes of which i have never experienced!

two days later and i'm still extremely fatigued but i've got legs of steel now!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks awsome guys:thumbup

BTW phill, if I end up on your side of the pond for grad school we have to go mtb'ing:drool

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Mickey, in one of those shots there was a Cairn (sp.), any idea what it was for :O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
tornado said:
i'll hold you to that josh!
Its a deal (now I just have to win that scholarship - first interview is tomorrow wish me luck):thumbup

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Phil, I thought some of them had a special meaning...............like a crash-site or someone popped their clogs on that spot :O Didn't Hizzy have a Cairn made after he ploughed in?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
yeah i've seen ones on burial sites in scotland but micky's pics are from the lakes and i don't think they do the same thing down there. i also saw many on sunday that were just to mark the way

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
OK, awsome scenery tho'!! I did a mtb expo' when I was at Marham.................abso' fookin' knackering!! :laugh We went up to the Lakes after one of the wettest winters for years :banghead :banghead :banghead carried the bike more than rode it:laugh

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Nice pics guys:)
Scenery looks great love that sort of enviroment
Dirt bikes would be fun:devious

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
"I can see my house from here"....:laugh

Great pic's, I've been around that area and it's fan-bloody-tastic. Shame I was hungover though:banghead

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.