TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 2020 was a complete blow out but the Germans have started to plan for 2021.
The dates are June 11th to 13th at our old haunt Groschwitz.

Ferienhof Domäne Groschwitz - Urlaub in Thüringen

Most of the hotel type rooms have been booked / reserved by Christian.

But as usual I suppose we will take one or more of the apartments sleeping from 2 to 6 persons.
Long days ride to get to this one so I suppose we will be stopping somewhere on the way there and on the way back.

Gazza I think you aught to take a group of nutters who want a long ride at a fast pace.

Me, I will take a less ambitious route at a more sedate pace......... and still beat you there.

Reactions: Troy

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
two Finns confirmed!

·
Premium Member
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a TL meeting in Germany, held every year. Search on this forum for Treffen and there are a few older meetings on YouTube.

Reactions: MrRye and Troy

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm in (y)

·
Premium Member
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Germany is about the only place you can go in Europe at the moment, pity they stopped the Hamburg ferry route.............
I used to use it when I was stationed in Germany in the early seventies.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Only just seen this, looking forward to it, I don't mind leading a few on the nice A+B roads if anyone wants to follow. Will plan on doing an overnight ferry I think Harwich to Rotterdam again. Booked it last year on black Friday and got a good discount. Too late this year.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Right. Let's hope this can come together later in the year
There may a group of up to 4-5 others coming with me along with you lot, the more the merrier. We are thinking of going out on the overnight weds evening as we have done previously. Then upon leaving there on the Sunday we shall be taking another week to get home via Poland , Slovakia and Czech Republic then back into Germany to head back for the crossing back to England the following Saturday or Sunday. Hoping to visit Auschwitz berkenau and the salt mines amongst other touristy things. Will be taking some camping stuff probably though it's cheap in the Eastern countries so whatever. Anyone who wants to join can.
I'm not too optimistic that this covid will be gone by then but shall make rough plans anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just heard from the Germans. Meeting is officially cancelled.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think some of the Germans who did not want to lose their money are still getting together. Go to the German site .... www.tl1000.de .... and see for yourself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts